Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

38 Weeks

How far along: 38 weeks
 
Fruit-size comparison: Pumpkin (How appropriate for this time of year)
 
Length is: Somewhere around 20 inches.
 
Weight is: Somewhere around 6.5 to 7 pounds.
 
Developmental milestones: With the exception of your weight, you are done growing. All your inner and outer body parts should be ready for use once outside of mommy's tummy. So really, you could come any day now and I know you will be alright. However, I have a feeling you are going to be late.
 
Weight gain: Well, last Thursday I had gained 2 pounds in a week. Blah! Monday, I had lost 2.2 pounds. And then at today's appointment, I was back up 2.2 pounds. Meaning I didn't gain anything this wee since I am exactly the same as last Thursday. Not a bad deal. BUT, I'm still not sharing my total weight gain.
 
Sleep: Oh goodness... one day I sleep well only waking to go pee. Other days, I have insomnia no matter how tired I feel. And I still have to pee constantly on those nights. Not an easy task getting out of bed at this point. Plus, I try to be still and quiet as to not wake up daddy since he has to wake up very early for work. He claims he woke up to me snoring one night. I'm not sure I believe him though. Last time he said I snored he went and slept in the guest bedroom. If I was snoring this time why didn’t he move to the other bed?
 
Best moment of the week: Hearing your healthy and strong heartbeat twice this week. I am also happy to report my blood pressure has been normal this week at both my appointments opposed to the high reading at last week's appointment. I don’t want you in any distress. I do need to admit today it was close to the slightly elevated point though. What is with Thursday appointments?
 
Movement: The books/internet say your movements should be slowing down because of the lack of room. I still feel you the same at this point. You do make some hard movements though. If I rest my iPad on my stomach while reading, you must not like the weight because you are usually quick to push back against it. Same thing happens at work when I sometimes have my belly against my desk. I must be accidently crowding you.
 
Cravings: Nothing different here. I still prefer sweets over anything else. I eat candy and/or ice cream everyday. I can't seem to give it up.
 
Gender: You're our baby BOY!!!
 
Belly button in or out: In
 
Wedding ring: On
 
Anything making you queasy/sick: Only when I am overheated. The smell of coconut oil and fresh garlic being cooked aggravate me, but I am getting used to blocking the smell.
 
What I miss: Getting a full night of sleep and having more energy.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing your beautiful face when they lay you on me for our chest to chest followed by breastfeeding. I really hope you latch!
 
Labor signs: None - cervix is still high, no dilation but you are at least head down. Basically, no change from last week. Like I already said, I am predicting you will be late.
 
Symptoms: Constant need to pee, swollen feet/legs, stretch marks all over my belly, lack of energy and always freaking hungry. I thought my stomach would be full more often since it is crowded in there. Ya, not the case for me. I feel like I can literally eat sun up to sun down. Especially while at work!
 
Nursery: Almost done!!! Just need to add some finishing touches. All your clothes have been washed and put away, blankets have all been folded and put away and everything to include your stroller has been assembled. Makes me beyond excited to see everything ready and waiting for you. You have so much stuff and the room isn't very large which makes it seem a bit crowded... good thing you are such an itty bitty thing. By the time you will want to actually play in there, those diapers will have been long gone - I have them lining the wall by your crib... I ran out of room in your closet. Yet for some reason, I keep buying more.
 
Emotions: Yes, I have moments when I am a little nervous about the whole birthing process, but mostly I am very excited to have you here with us. When I have had the high blood pressure readings I have been scared about being induced. I read online that being induced can cause emergency C-sections and that freaks me out. Ideally, I want you to come on your own time when you are ready. However, it would be nice to prepare for your due date and I am tired of being pregnant. I felt a little scared this evening in our baby CPR class... please don't stop breathing on us or start choking. It was scary enough practicing on the fake baby. I don't want to try out the technique on you. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment