Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

37 Weeks

How far along: 37 weeks
 
Fruit-size comparison: Winter melon
 
Length is: Somewhere around 20 inches.
 
Weight is: Somewhere around 6 pounds. Your body is still concentrating more on gaining weight then on growing taller.
 
Developmental milestones: You lungs should be fully mature to allow you to breath outside my womb. You are probably sucking your thumb which will hopefully have taught you how to latch in order to breastfeed.  I REALLY want you to gain this skill so suck away little guy!
 
Weight gain: No comment.
 
Sleep: Blah! I took a nap yesterday for about an hour and a half and felt great afterwards. (I was extremely sleepy.) Too bad it took me forever to fall asleep at night and now I am tired again. No nap today though.
 
Best moment of the week: I LOVED my Tennessee baby shower! I also enjoy having weekly doctor appointments where I learn your measurements (via tape measure on my belly) and hear your heartbeat. Such a beautiful sound!
 
Movement: You make hard movements nowadays. Very easy to see when you move around. I mostly feel you towards the top of my stomach and I believe it is from your feet and butt. Still hiccupping a lot at the bottom of my stomach. I feel bad for you because they seem to last several minutes.
 
Cravings: Sweets which I should be avoiding but do not have the willpower to not eat. At work, I feel hungry constantly and I give in. I think I am more bored then hungry though.
 
Gender: You're a bundle of BOY!!!
 
Belly button in or out: In
 
Wedding ring: On
 
Anything making you queasy/sick: Only when I am feeling overheated. I am enjoying this cooler weather since I seem to be swelling less and feel more comfortable all over. Don't get me wrong, I still swell, just not painfully tight.
 
What I miss: Sleeping through the night and not having to pee so much.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting and introducing you to everyone. I saw a cute picture of an animal holding her baby and the caption on the picture was 'I made this' and beneath that it said something about this is how I will be introducing my baby to everyone. LOL! I thought it was cute and hilarious!
 
Labor signs: None
 
Symptoms: Swollen feet/legs, frequent peeing and a bunch of angry looking stretch marks all over my stomach.
 
Nursery: Getting even closer to having everything organized. I am hoping to have everything organized by next week. This wouldn’t be so hard if I didn’t easily run out of energy.
 
Emotions: I won't lie to you, I am a little nervous, but I am mostly excited! As much as I don’t want an epidural, I keep thinking about having it inserted during my labor with you. The thought of the shot and possible side effects scare me, but I am being realistic when I think about my pain tolerance level. I am also a bit on edge because today at my appointment my blood pressure was slightly elevated again. Not only am I still going to my doctor appointment on Thursday, I now a have an additional one on Monday to see if my blood pressure has changed. (It was 130/90 at the start of my appointment and then 120/90 at the end.) Makes me nervous because I don't want to be induced with you. But she is concerned since it has been elevated before, I had protein in my pee and my feet/legs are constantly swollen. Not a good combination for a pregnant person. Luckily, no protein in my pee this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment