Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

34 Weeks

I just woke from a nap and am NOT feeling great. I did manage to take a quick shower before having my husband take my picture. Notice the outfit is the same as yesterday's (from my baby shower)? I wanted to start the week in this shirt (in my 34 week picture).
How far along: 34 weeks
 
Fruit-size comparison: Butternut Squash
 
Length is: Somewhere around the same as last week... remember, your length will barely change at this point since you should be about as long as you will be when born.
 
Weight is: Anywhere between 4 and 5 pounds.
 
Developmental milestones: You lungs still have a little more work to do before they are perfect. If I was to go into labor today, they would give you medicine to help mature your lungs quickly. I fear you would still be placed in the NICU at this point so I hope this is something neither of us have to experience. The lanugo which is/was soft, downy hair covering your skin is starting to disappear. Your testicles are migrating down from your abdomen into your scrotum. And you are now really good with opening and closing your eyes. I read you are practicing focusing on whatever it is you are seeing (I have no idea what this could be). They also say you are probably closing your eyes every time you see bright light - you simply aren't used to it. Don't worry, I'm not one of those moms who has shown a flashlight into her belly. I don’t want to frighten you in any way. That would be mean!
 
Weight gain: Uggg.... If the scale said what I fear it might of said on Tuesday while at my appointment, I gained almost 5 pounds from my last visit. Meaning, I am up 32 pounds total. *Sigh* I'm not going to stress over it. Nope. Won't be something I do. I am determined to lose the weight after you are here safe and sound.
 
Sleep: I'm starting to have issues with getting comfortable. Not a huge deal since I do eventually fall asleep, but add in my many nightly bathroom breaks and you have one sleepy pregnant woman. Daddy suggested I start taking naps after work - short ones opposed to my occasional long ones. Good in theory, but I'm either not tired by the time I get home (despite being sleepy all day while at work) or I am concerned with taking a nap and then not being able to sleep that evening. I did take an hour nap today and I am STILL feeling extremely sleepy. I haven't decided if it was worth it yet. I'll see how easily I fall asleep tonight.
 
Best moment of the week: Your baby shower yesterday! I had a wonderful time. For whatever reason, I wasn’t expecting it to be as fun/nice as it was. My friend, Linda, told me that is because I have no imagination. Ha ha ha! Not true at all! And just think - I have two more baby showers to look forward to within the next few weeks.
 
Movement: I was wrong last week when I said you were moving less. Actually, that was an accurate statement for last week. This week, however, you have been moving all over. I still believe you are head down and I definitely know you are kicking your legs up into me. On Sunday, daddy finally saw you move in my tummy several times. You were being very active. Must have liked the lunch I ate. I feel you in the early morning around 7-8:30AM which is new. I don’t recall feeling you so early in the day before. It is possible I just didn’t notice though.
 
Cravings: Sweets, but I am trying to hold back. VERY hard! I'm awful at depriving myself.
 
Gender: You're a BOY!!!
 
Belly button in or out: In
 
Wedding ring: On
 
Anything making you queasy/sick: Nothing and I hope I continue with this trend.
 
What I miss: I'm beyond sick of having swollen feet. If they would stop swelling I think pregnancy would be more fun.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Having everything ready for when you arrive so I can enjoy it before you actually get here. I then look forward to you actually being in our space and using the items we have all purchased for you. Having a child means we get to get to live vicariously through you. You better believe I have all sorts of fun things to do in my head as you start growing.
 
Labor signs: None and I'm not wanting any in the near future. Please stay in there until AT LEAST 37 weeks (preferably 39).
 
Symptoms: Swollen feet, stretch marks on lower front of stomach & on the sides, sleepless nights and for the past two days - I think acid reflux. At least this is what daddy thinks it is when I describe the sensation to him.
 
Nursery: Whoa... this is almost a do not enter type of place. Joking! I have been dumping all your stuff into your room when I really need to get on the ball and start organizing all your stuff. It's not that I don’t want to do it, it's more that I am tired (with swollen feet) when I get home in the evenings and I am easily discouraged. The dresser needing the top repainted through me off and upset me a bit. I just need to bite the bullet (as they say) and get over myself and get everything done. I'll feel much better once it's all completed. I would hate for you to come early and me not be prepared. I'm a list kind of woman and need to have everything on my 'to do' list checked off.
 
Emotions: I'm feeling all sorts of emotions... the strongest ones being thankful and grateful. (You'll be my before Thanksgiving blessing!) I am thankful and grateful for having you and daddy in my life (as well as everyone else) and I am feeling wonderful about where we are today. Everything has been leading up to this point and I am just looking forward to experiencing it all as a family.


No comments:

Post a Comment