Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2015

33 Weeks

How far along: 33 weeks
 
Fruit-size comparison: Asparagus (even though that doesn't seem very accurate)
 
Length is: Supposedly you are anywhere from 18-19.5 inches head to heel. According to the internet, as of now, you are probably however long you will be when you are born. Amazing when you really think about it.
 
Weight is: Approximately 4 pounds. Assuming you remain in mommy's belly for another 7 weeks, I am thinking you will hit at least 7 pounds if not 8. Please don’t be 9 pounds if you can help it. I'm already a little nervous about pushing you out.
 
Developmental milestones: Your lungs are developing even more from last week. If you were to be born today, prior to your birth, I would be given an injection to help your lungs mature very quickly to help you breath outside the womb. Makes me think you aren’t ready for the world yet. Please stay inside me until at least 37 (but hopefully 39) weeks. Okay? The amniotic fluid surrounding you is now at its peak volume and indicates how well your kidneys are functioning. You should be producing around 500 ml/day. As of now, you should be storing iron for after your born in case you don’t get enough from my breast milk.
 
Weight gain: 27.8 pounds as of Friday, September 11. I'm definitely going to be around the 35 pound mark before you arrive.
 
Sleep: No changes here... Still falling asleep with no issues but waking up to pee way too many times to count followed by not being able to fall asleep quickly.
 
Best moment of the week: Seeing your crib all put together. Makes your arrival seem even more real if you can believe it. I was also very excited seeing my blood pressure back in the normal range and my protein in my urine being back in check. I do NOT want to experience pre-eclampsia if I can help it.
 
Movement: I love feeling you move. I feel you a bit less then last week though. Maybe because you have less room now? I used to feel you very active before lunchtime, but now you move a bit less. I'm trying not to think about it too much or else I'll become paranoid about something being wrong.
Have I mentioned you now get hiccups at least once a day? Even daddy has been able to feel them! I feel them around my belly button which makes me think you are head down (in addition to me feeling your kicks in my upper and my left side of my stomach). You have already had the hiccups twice today. Around 10:30 AM and then around 11 AM. They feel strong to me and I wonder what causes them.
 
Cravings: None
 
Gender: You're a BOY!!!
 
Belly button in or out: In
 
Wedding ring: On
 
Anything making you queasy/sick: Thank GOD, no!
 
What I miss: Sleeping through the night, not having swollen feet and peeing less often.
 
What I'm looking forward to: This weekend I am looking forward to purchasing your mattress and one sheet (hopefully a skirt as well) for your crib. I want to see it all decked out ASAP. However, it might not arrive until next weekend - Amazon is cheaper on the one I am wanting to buy you. On Wednesday, my old team at work is throwing me (us) a baby shower which I am looking forward to experiencing. I hate being the center of attention, but I love how much they want to shower you with gifts even though I am no longer on the same team as them. I'm not expecting anything, but I do look forward to seeing what you receive. Long term I am still beyond excited to meet you. Not looking forward to the actual birth part, but definitely looking forward to the moments right after.
 
Labor signs: None
 
Symptoms: Swollen feet, teeny tiny bladder and stretch marks on my belly are my current symptoms. Could be worse... praying for no more symptoms.
 
Nursery: Really coming along now. ALL your clothes have been washed and hung. We moved a dresser from daddy's TV room (to make room) into your room so now you have two. I just need to paint it the same color as the other one. Once I decide where everything will go I plan to start buying some accessories to make it look more complete. We went from wanting a giraffe theme to a whale/shark theme and are now onto any animal theme. You'll definitely have a GIANT giraffe in your room though - I bought it before I found out I was pregnant. Besides dogs, giraffes are my favorite animals. I'm passing on my love of them to you.
 
Emotions: Overall, I have no complaints and I feel wonderful.


1 comment: