Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

32 weeks

Notice my poor swollen ankles. :(
How far along: 32 weeks
 
Fruit-size comparison: Large jicama (never heard of it)
 
Length is: Approximately 16.7 inches head to heel
 
Weight is: Approximately 3 3/4 pounds
 
Developmental milestones: Baby boy, at this point, your skin is less translucent and your bones are becoming harder and calcifying. It is important mommy intakes lots of calcium to ensure you and I stay healthy. Good thing I eat cheese and yogurt daily. You are now filling all the space within in my uterus. This is why I am feeling your every movement.
 
Weight gain: Went to the doctor on Tuesday and I have gained an additional 2.8 pounds.
 
Sleep: I am still having a hard time falling back to sleep after the 1226 times I wake up to pee. Because of this, I am tired almost every morning. Not fun. It's times like these when I wish I lived closer to work and I could sleep in an extra 45 minutes. Or better yet, if I could sleep in daily because every day was Saturday!
 
Best moment of the week: I shouldn’t be struggling with this one, but I am. Last weekend, I was sick with a head cold. I am still having to deal with a runny nose and not being able to breath while laying down. Then I had an awful (in my opinion) news while at the doctor on Tuesday and I haven’t been able to bounce back from the news. This truly hasn’t been a good week for me.
I will say I have enjoyed feeling you move inside of me. This has been my absolute favorite part of being pregnant.
 
Movement: You move all the time. Seriously - ALL! THE! TIME! The baby books and internet claim you sleep for long periods of time, but I am having a hard time believing that at the moment. Maybe you sleep while I am asleep. Maybe. I know I feel you in the morning, before lunch time, after lunch time, when I get home from work, after dinner, when I am in the bath tub and when I get into bed in the evening. You seem to be up most of the day. Or maybe you just move while you sleep. Who knows.
 
Cravings: Nothing. And I hope this remains because I don’t think I can deny myself anything when I really want it. I'm trying to be strong though. I am also trying to eat less 'bad' food. I'm trying. And I will admit it has only been 2 days of me trying. I am also able to admit I have been using being pregnant as an excuse to eat whatever I want. No more. I need to slow my weight gain down and eat better for you.
 
Gender: You're a BOY!!!
 
Belly button in or out: In
 
Wedding ring: On, but started the day off a tad bit tight once I arrived at work. Barely left a mark on my finger. Now, later in the day, it is normal fitting.
 
Anything making you queasy/sick: Thankfully, no.
 
What I miss: Not having swollen feet to the point where they hurt. I also miss sleeping through the night... guess I need to get over this one since I feel confident you'll have me up all night.
 
What I'm looking forward to: I just want you here. I look forward to spending time getting to know you and seeing you grow into a little person with your own personality.
 
Labor signs: None
 
Symptoms: Swollen feet and evidently (according to my numbers on Tuesday) high (+1) protein in my urine and high blood pressure (124/90). I go back to the doctor tomorrow to have both of these things checked again and I am hoping it was just a fluke. A mommy can hope, right? I DO NOT want to experience pre-eclampsia.
 
Nursery: The guest bed in out of your room! This room is now completely yours (minus the printer and paper - sorry, we have nowhere else to store this device). We picked up your crib and daddy plans on putting it together next weekend - waiting to see if I get a credit since it has a big scratch on it. If not, I am going to exchange it. I would rather the discount though being as the bit scratch is on he back of the headboard and it will be a pain to load it back in the truck and wait another week and a half for another one. I need to buy your mattress, but I am not in a huge hurry since I haven’t bought your crib a bed skirt or sheets yet. Baby steps. I'm slowly getting there. We moved an extra dresser into your room which I am going to probably paint the same color as your other dresser. This will store all of your extra items as well as our printer and paper unless I can come up with something else. My current goal is to have your room all ready before I get to 36 weeks.
 
Emotions: I'm all over the map as of Tuesday. I am still very excited for you to be here, but now because of the doctor appointment's urine and blood pressure results, I am feeling anxious, nervous, overwhelmed, a bit discouraged and kind of a failure. I guess the number one emotion I am feeling right at this exact moment is self-pity. I'm working through it. I won't be able to forgive myself if something is wrong with you and/or you end up having to come early due to possible medical complications cause by me. Happy thoughts!!! I just need to get through tomorrow's doctor appointment.


No comments:

Post a Comment