Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2015

30 Weeks

Sick of indoor shadows... but now have to contend with the sun.
*Sigh*
I think I'll take them later in the evening for now on.

How far along: 30 weeks
I can hardly believe you will be here in about 10 weeks. Meaning, I am 3/4 done with being pregnant. YAY!
 
Fruit-size comparison: Two websites say cucumber and one website says large cabbage. Take your pick I guess - both of these items are less than the length you currently are and weight less than the 3 pounds you allegedly weigh so I am very unsure how they are making their comparisons.
 
Length is: 15-16 inches  head to heel. You won't be getting much longer while in mommy's tummy.
 
Developmental milestones: You are becoming more round and less frail since you are gaining more weight. Your brain is maturing at a fast rate too. Your chance of survival outside of my tummy is getting better and better, but I hope you stay in there a bit longer.
 
Weight gain: As of my 29 week appointment, I have gained 24 pounds since my 6 weeks appointment. I am just over 200 pounds which makes me a tiny bit sad. That's okay though... I am creating a healthy baby boy and I WILL lose the weight after you arrive. I don't want you to see me as your 'fat' mommy and I definitely don't want to set a bad example for you. Your daddy has worked extremely hard to get healthy and I am determined to do the same. I'll have to say 'goodbye' to M&M's which will be hard for me.
 
Sleep: No issues falling asleep initially. It's the going back to sleep part after going pee when I have issues. I wake up with my mind going a mile a minute even when I try to make it blank. Not sure how to stop this though.
 
Best moment of the week: We have been taking miscellaneous birthing classes at the hospital... prior to this, I think your daddy thought I was being a bit overbearing when I was telling him I didn't want you in daycare for the first year... well, I overheard your dad on the phone with his mom telling her he didn't realize how much could go wrong. I am happy he has finally realized too many scary scenarios exist and I only want you under our care for at least the first year.
 
Movement: I feel you all the time! I especially feel you before lunchtime and in the evening after I have ate dinner and at night when I am in bed laying down for the night. I guess you could say I feel you more (or at least notice you more) when I am not really moving.
 
Cravings: Nothing really. If someone mentions a certain food, I tend to want it, but usually, I can manage just fine without whatever it is.
 
Gender: You're a BOY!!!
 
Belly button in or out: Still in and hopefully staying this way.
 
Wedding ring: Both rings are still on and not tight at all.
 
Anything making you queasy/sick: Nothing.
 
What I miss: Not feeling winded after walking a short distance. I miss my tummy not feeling tight. I, sadly, assume this will get worse with time.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Holding and meeting you. I already know you'll be the cutest and sweetest baby I'll have ever laid my eyes on, but I want to know exactly how you look.
 
Labor signs: None yet.
 
Symptoms: Luckily, I am feeling great and have no pregnancy symptoms with the exception of my tummy and pants feeling tight.
 
Nursery: We did finally go look at cribs at Babies R Us this past weekend. We want to make sure we get a good solid one, but I hate to spend too much money on one. I am a bit frugal in that sense. You'll find out soon enough.
 
Emotions: I am extremely happy. Every time I feel you move makes me happy. Wait, I shouldn't lie to you... sometimes, at night, when I am trying to sleep, you kick or push me and it keeps me awake and/or makes me need to pee. I do wish you would sleep while I sleep, but you don't know any better. You probably don't even know I am trying to sleep. I like to think if you did know, you wouldn't wiggle around so much.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment