Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

3 C's - Cribs, Clothes & Car Seats

Hello Monday!
AKA my least favorite day of the week. (Unless you end up being a holiday, of course.)
I have been a busy little bee today...
I started with work. Blah! I am slowly losing my motivation to be there. Who isn't though? I am noticing myself getting more and more annoyed with certain things and then I allow them to stress me. Ya, need to stop stressing. Not worth it.
After work, I ran (not literally) over to Kohl's to make a return and purchase some new panties with my Kohl's Cash. Line took forever because some lady was claiming she didn't get her Kohl's Cash on August 2nd... Come to find out she did receive it and then proceeded to spend it on August 8th. Neat how the computer tells them all this information. The manager even printed it out for the lady but she still wasn't believing it. Figures I would get behind her and there would only be one cashier.
 
Once home, I ate dinner and bought this lovely crib online from Babies R Us before the 15% off ended this evening.
I kept going back and forth on which one I wanted, but I ultimately chose this one for price ($400), color and the availability of rails. The Baby Cache crib I was interested in had horrible reviews from people stating the rails were either discontinued or were taking over 4 months to order. Not good considering the crib cost $500 and then the toddler rails were a little over $100.
This crib is the Sorelle Vista Elite. It is convertible and allows for 3 position metal mattress support. Both of which I was interested in when making my selection.
Now the question is do I want to re-paint my newly painted dresser???
 
With crib shopping out of the way, I have been working on updating my Target Baby Registry and typing this blog up. Oh wait - that was after I unloaded the dishwasher, moved the laundry and cleaned the kitchen counters. I still have two loads of laundry to fold and put away but that can wait until tomorrow.
Energizer bunny that is my husband made our dinner, went to the gym and is now mowing the lawn. Did I mention he had to be at work early this morning and maybe got 4 hours of sleep last night? I don't know how he does it. I would be dead to the world, complaining of a headache and moaning my sorrows to him. I NEED my 7 hours!!!
 
On Friday (?), my baby boy received his very first baby gift from our family friend, Kathy.
I am confident we will get many years out of this car seat.
I looked up the reviews and they are all very promising. Now I need another one for our other car. 
Thank you Kathy!!!
 
Over the weekend, I made my husband go to three Kohl's and two target's with me in the search for new maternity clothes. Lucky me, I stumbled upon some clearance items.
You are looking at 6 shirts, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of black yoga pants, 1 pair of capris, 1 pair of shorts, a bathing suit and 2 black sweaters (not maternity) which I paid a grand total of $160.
Awesome deals! That's 13 items!
I think I am set with maternity clothes now. Even if I'm not, I refuse to spend anymore money. I do still need to buy nursing bras and nursing tanks. I have been pricing them and will be making a purchase within the next few weeks. I don't want to take an chances with my little boy coming early and me being unprepared.
 
On Amazon, if you have an Amazon Mom account (free with Amazon Prime), they had where you could create a Baby Registry and once completed, you could request a free baby welcome packet. So I did - on both mine and Matt's account.
Check out everything we got for free:
This was all in one box. Nothing made in China! Thank you Amazon!
I also recently signed up for Similac and Enfamil per other people's suggestion for free product samples and coupons. I hope not to need any of these items, but I would rather be prepared in case my son doesn't take the breast or I don't produce enough milk or whatever the issue is. I figure I can always give what I don't use. Rumor has it both of these companies are generous with what they give out. I'll keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment