Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

I'm Tired BUT I Ate Some Good Sweets Over the Weekend

Wow am I tired this morning!
It took me a long while to fall asleep last night even though I was definitely sleepy... Plus, add in the fact that around 2AM I was woken by Wyatt crying... he fell off the bed and was stuck in between the bed and his kennel. Let me explain that better... Every night we place Wyatt at the top of our bed to sleep and every night he tries to go to the bottom of the bed. Several times before we even fall asleep it seems we keep moving him back to the top of the bed. A.) Because we don't want to kick him in our sleep and B.) we don't want him to fall off the bed. At the foot of our bed, a few inches from the bed since Matt used to kick it in his sleep and it would wake me is Wyatt's kennel which is big enough for a 120 pound dog. (He gets locked up during the work day with a blanket, bowl of water and some food due to his teeny tiny bladder he can no longer hold over long periods of time in his old age.)
Evidently, sometime last night, he moved to the foot of the bed and either walked off or fell off the bed which then made him cry out for help which woke me then Matt up. I wedged him slowly out of the spot (didn't want him to fall completely onto the floor)and took him outside to pee. And you guessed correctly - I had a very hard time falling back to sleep after that. Add in my annoyance with Matt's ease of going back to sleep and you can gather my mood at that point. 5AM alarm going off was not a welcome sound. And tonight, I can't even go to bed early... we have our very first birth class at our hospital which doesn't end until 9PM. Meaning we won't get home until 9:30PM. Followed by preparing for the following day and giving Wyatt a little attention since we will have been barely home all day.  It's going to be a long day. I am looking forward to this class though.
 
As for our weekend... Friday we didn't do much of anything. We watched a movie - Get Hard - which I had rented from the library. I clipped coupons and made a list of all our movies while watching it, but there were several funny moments. Worth checking out if you are looking for a good laugh.
 
Saturday, my goal was to stay home in pj's all day. Ya, that didn't happen. I think I had my very first craving. I wanted some M&M's badly. After making Matt check my candy hiding spot again (even though he knew there were none), I tried to convince him to go get me some. He said he would but not until that afternoon. Well, heck, I couldn't wait that long. I wanted some now. And I wanted some ice cream too so I could make my own McFlurry/Blizzard. Right now.
So I complained that I would have to go out in the hot weather to get some for myself and I either seemed pitiful or Matt took pity on me because he told me if I would go to the tractor store with him, we could go to Wal-Mart and get my M&M's and vanilla ice cream AND he would buy me lunch. SOLD! Got me a big bag of M&M minis, Blue Bunny vanilla ice cream and a foot long meatball sub. YUMMY!!! And don't judge, but not only did I have a bowl of ice cream with M&M's after lunch, but I had another after dinner. (And another after lunch on Sunday.) Later that evening we washed our cars. We need a new water sprayer. The water wasn't being stopped when not in use meaning I had to keep kinking the hose while Matt washed. Very annoying. We will be getting a new sprayer this weekend - it’s a necessity.
 
Sunday was running around day - Sugar and Spice doughnuts (OMG delicious!), church, Popeye's for lunch and Kroger.
Look at these doughnuts:

This picture doesn’t do them justice. You aren’t getting the full effect. AND these were placed in a bag because I thought we were taking them to go so they were a bit stuck together.
Matt kept raving about them every time someone brought them into his work and honestly, he had good reason to rave about them. I had Oreo Cheesecake and Banana Split doughnuts. Both tasted just like you would imagine. The Oreo Cheesecake one was my favorite though. For 3 doughnuts and a small coffee - $3.26. Cheap! A lot cheaper then Krispy Kreme. Sorry Krispy Kreme, but if we end up going out for doughnuts and they are opened, I will be passing you by and heading to Sugar and Spice was there lovely doughnuts. No hard feelings though. You did bring back my beloved birthday cake batter doughnut.

No comments:

Post a Comment