Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2015

26 Weeks

 

How far along: 26 weeks
 
Fruit-size comparison: A whole head of lettuce (Wow, he is getting big!)
 
Length is: Roughly 35.6 centimeters or 14.02 inches head to heel and his weight is roughly 1.51  - 2 pounds.
 
Developmental milestones: Our baby boy can now open his eyes since his eyelids are no longer fused together. He's growing longer and laying down more fat too. This week his testicles will descend into the scrotum which is the final step towards development of the genitalia.
 
Weight gain: I will get weighed at my next appointment on August 7th - I'll share then because if I go off my weight from this morning, I have lost 2 pounds since my last weigh in at the doctor's office which I feel confident isn’t correct. Of course, this could be because my appointments are usually in the afternoon and when I weigh myself at home, I always do it in the morning.
 
Sleep: I seem to be waking up less to pee. Usually only happens once or twice a night now and I am mostly able to fall back to sleep fairly quickly. I would get even more sleep if I would stop reading before bed. Somehow I always get sucked into reading later then I should when I know I have to be up soon to get ready for work.
 
Best moment of the week: Feeling my little guy move around always feels amazing. A bit surreal. As of yesterday, it seems my belly has rounded out. I actually look pregnant now opposed to a little chunky. Although being pregnant has not always agreed with me, I do enjoy being pregnant overall when I am just sitting here and I feel him moving. Makes me feel loved and needed. It also lets me know he is okay.
 
Movement: Baby boy moves a bunch! I especially feel him at night when I am lying down. I also feel him after I eat and when I am sitting at work not really moving. I assume the bigger he gets the more I will feel him move until he no longer has a lot of room to wiggle.
 
Cravings: Blue Bunny vanilla ice cream with M&M minis on top. Yummy! If I could get away with it, I would eat more than one bowl a day. But one bowl a day is a MUST!
 
Gender: He's a BOY!!!
 
Belly button in or out: In
 
Wedding ring: On and fully cleaned and shined effective July 25th when I took them into the jewelry store. They look brand new!
 
Anything making you queasy/sick: Only feeling sick if I don’t eat right away in the morning. This is something I don’t make a habit of doing. It's one of the reasons I am not looking forward to my upcoming glucose test - no more food after midnight and my appointment isn't until 10:15AM. *Sigh*
 
What I miss: Can't think of one single thing.
 
What I'm looking forward to: I can barely wait to see our little guy. But within the next 2 weeks, I am looking forward to getting my glucose test done and over with on August 7th. Not looking forward to the actual test, but I look forward to the after part. You know, the part when the nurse calls me and says everything looks normal. At least I hope that’s the phone call I receive from the doctor's office. Fingers crossed.
 
Labor signs: None. Maybe I can avoid getting Braxton Hicks.
 
Symptoms: My feet seem to swell every single day. Especially my left foot. Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who is willing to rub my feet every night I ask him. As he should since I mentioned how good of a wife I am by giving him a son. LOL!
 
Nursery: We finally got rid of the desk and wood bed frame out of the room and delivered to my mom. I am still debating on leaving the queen guest bed in his bedroom and we are still debating on whether or not to move before or after he arrives. Selling the house is a bit scary to me. What if I don’t find a job somewhere else soon enough? Would we have sold our house for nothing? On the plus side, I will be closer to work if we move into the place we would like to move. Od, decisions, decisions!
 
Emotions: Feeling wonderful and happy! One more week (August 6) until we enter the third trimester!


No comments:

Post a Comment