Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

22 Weeks


How far along: 22 weeks
 
Fruit-size comparison: Papaya or Spaghetti Squash depending on the website you look at.
 
Length is: Approximately 10.94 inches from crown to heel. He's getting so big!
 
Developmental milestones: Eyelids are still fused shut, but our baby boy should now be able to tell the difference between light and dark. He can hear more and more of his surroundings, but the most prominent sound he hears is my heartbeat. Babies evidently remember the sound of their mother's heartbeat which is why they are often soothed by being placed on mom's chest above the heart. Very interesting!
 
Maternity clothes: Yep. This is my new norm. I also had to buy bigger panties and I think I'll have to buy an even bigger size soon. Blah!
 
Weight gain: I didn't check... yes, total slacker - that's me. I'll find out July 9th when I go to the doctor.
 
Stretch marks: On the side of my belly I seem to be getting them. Good thing I had already planned on never wearing a bikini. LOL!
 
Sleep: I start off sleeping well, but I tend to toss and turn more often because I can't seem to find a comfortable spot. I am also having a harder time falling back to sleep which is making me very tired on work mornings. Not fun. I am looking forward to sleeping in on this lovely three day weekend.
 
Best moment of the week: Matt felt our baby move a few days in a row. AND I heard him tell his mother he felt him move while on the phone with her one evening. It's the small things which are important.
 
Movement: Lots of movement! I feel him all the time. Matt has also been feeling him which is pretty amazing. Perhaps it makes him seem more real to him???? Not sure. I sure enjoy feeling him! I hope it doesn't stop.
 
Cravings: I DID have a craving (maybe?) for McDonald's French fries and I caved into it the following day. Dang it! They were pretty good. Not sure I am actually getting cravings though... I think I just get fixated on certain food items once I have thought about them.
 
Gender: We are having a BOY!!!
 
Belly button in or out: In
 
Wedding ring: Still loosely on. I'm hoping this doesn’t change.
 
Anything making you queasy/sick: Still haven’t tried allowing someone else to drive me, so I might still get sick when this happens. I do get queasy if I don’t eat something immediately after waking up. Not looking forward to future doctor appointments where I can't eat prior to them. Eck! Might need my husband taking me to those appointments and having a snack packed. Sadly, I won't ask him to since he has no paid off time available. He deserves such a better job but that's a whole other story for a whole other day.
 
What I miss: Having more energy to stay up late watching movies on the weekend.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Holding my baby boy for the first time and seeing who he looks like. And of course, holding him to my chest, above my heart to sooth him. :)
 
Labor signs: None
 
Symptoms: Of what? How have I been answering this question? I should go back and look... too bad I am limited on time.
 
Nursery: Closet is looking pretty full with what we already have. I keep going in there and organizing more and more even though I could probably just leave it alone. I have also washed half of his clothes and have hung absolutely everything he owns that will fit on a hanger even if they will be later folded. Can hardly wait to paint his dresser and start filling it up. I need to get this done, but I am really kinda waiting until I can move the desk out of his room. Will happen soon. 
 
Emotions: Mostly feeling great! Not scared or nervous about anything at the moment. Just looking forward to everything. 18 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment