Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

We're Having A...

What was your guess on my baby's gender?
 
Girl?
 
Boy?
 
If you guessed girl, you would be.....
 
WRONG!!!!
 
We are having a baby BOY!!!!!
 
We announced our baby's gender to our family this past weekend at our house. Our initial plan was to wait until June 6 when we were in Tennessee, but some of our family members couldn’t wait to find out what we were having. And can you blame them? Me neither.

I used this box to place a few balloons in for Matt and I to open in front of our family to reveal the gender. I was only able to fit three balloons in it opposed to having a big box with many balloons. But because I didn't want to spend money on a box, I had to work with what I had.
I think  it turned out pretty nice. Besides fitting in some balloons, it also appeared unisex which was one of my goals.
 
Let's talk about the balloons.
I got 4 foil ones from the Dollar Tree for $1 each. I had 'heard' online and from a friend that you could have the Dollar Tree fill the latex ones they sell with helium there as well. This was not the case for me. Luckily, there is a party store down the shopping area from the Dollar Tree where I was able to buy 3 light blue latex balloons for $1.59 each. (Kinda expensive in my opinion.)
Those are what I started with - 7 total. But then one popped while I was putting a few of them in the box. *Sigh* Down to 6 now. I hid the remaining 3 balloons until after the reveal.
Thankfully, my mom went to Kroger and bought 6 total - 3 blue and 3 pink latex balloons for $1 each. Yay! Made my blue bouquet of balloons look fuller in the end.
So note to self, buy future latex balloons at Kroger.

My mom, brother and sister-in-law were guessing it was a girl and everyone else guessed boy.
I think some of our family members were shocked. Of course, no one really cared which gender our baby ended up being. We are all just hoping for a healthy baby with 10 fingers and 10 toes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment