Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Half Way There @ 20 Weeks

How far along: 20 weeks
 
Fruit-size comparison: Banana
 
Length: Approximately 16.5 cm long from crown to rump. Half my ruler!
 
Developmental milestones: Baby boy's ears are perfectly formed. He should be able to hear my voice now. Doesn’t matter... I have always talked to him when I am alone. He will DEFINETLY know his mommy's voice. Plus, I talk a lot in general - just ask my husband.
 
Maternity clothes: I'm still able to wear some of my pre-pregnancy shirts (divided them into a section within my closet), but I am fully in maternity pants/shorts unless I am wearing stretchy material pants/shorts. I am even having co-workers and MY BOSS notice my stomach getting bigger. LOL!
 
Weight gain: I'll find out Monday when I go to the doctor's office.
 
Stretch Marks: I am seeing some 'clear/translucent' stretch marks on the sides of my stomach. I am just hoping all the lotion I keep using on it helps. If not, I guess I have some 'battle wounds'.
 
Sleep: I fall asleep just fine and typically stay asleep except to pee three or four times a night.  
 
Best moment of the week: Feeling flutters in my stomach. I KNOW I am feeling him for sure. The other night, while lying in bed after going pee, I felt a flutter and then I instantly had to go pee again. Pretty sure baby boy kicked or hit my bladder because the feeling was almost instant. It was odd. I even mentioned it to Matt who was almost asleep. He's funny when he re-tells the story. If you know him, ask him about it. "Matt are you awake???"
 
Movement: Lots of fluttering... especially in the late afternoon and early evening. Guess this is when he is wide awake.
 
Cravings: Nothing really. Although I did see a commercial for Zaxby's birthday cake milkshake and it has been on my mind ever since I saw the commercial.  I plan on getting me one this weekend. Hope it tastes as good as it looks. I fear I will be very disappointed if it doesn’t.
 
Gender: It's a BOY!!!
 
Belly button in or out: In
 
Wedding ring: Still loosely on.
 
Anything making you queasy/sick: Feeling great! Only seem to feel ill when others drive (at least this was the case two weeks ago when I rode in the car with Matt). I haven’t tested this out recently. I am going to attempt to ride my vanpool next week and see how I feel.
 
What I miss: Nothing that I can think of at the moment.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Monday we have our anatomy scan which I was able to book for after my husband is off work so we will BOTH get to see our baby boy! They say no cameras or recording devices so it is going to be hard to remember all the measurements and everything else I am told. I hope they print some information off for me. I am NOT looking forward to having a minimum of 36 ounces of water in me for at least an hour before the appointment. Not sure how well I am going to be able to hold it all in.
 
Labor signs: None
 
Symptoms: Motion sickness in the car when others drive (I think).
 
Nursery: This is taking a backseat for a moment. We are discussing a lot of options right now so unless I see an awesome deal, I'm going to try and not buy anything. This is very hard, but extremely doable. In the meantime, I'll just stick with looking for the small stuff like clothes and toys and books. My baby boy NEEDS a full library of books in order to be a bookworm like me. I plan on introducing books to him at a very early age.
 
Emotions: I can now see why they saw pregnant people are emotional.
Short Story time....
Several weeks ago, we had a big bag of Rolos and Matt was giving me one serving of them. Well, he didn’t give me the full serving telling me they were for him so I cried. Like a big baby! Happened again last week when he wouldn’t give me the bag of chocolate covered pretzels. Seriously, I'm one of those people who cry over food?!?!?! WTH?!?!!?
Then this morning, on my way to work, I had to fully stop to not hit a momma deer and her baby crossing the road. The momma deer went to the right and the baby deer never crossed the road and went to the left. I teared up and wanted to cry because I feared the momma wouldn’t find her baby. I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I even asked GOD to help the momma find her baby. And guess what? As stupid as it sounds, I think GOD gave me a sign. About 10 minutes later into my drive (on the same road), I had to fully stop again because guess what? Another momma deer and her baby were crossing the road. This time, they both made it to the right side of the street. WOW! A sign right? A sign that the first momma deer found her baby deer!



No comments:

Post a Comment