Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

16 Weeks

*Not sure what's with the shadows.
 
Fruit-size comparison: Avocado
                                              Length is approximately 4.57 in. 
                                              Weight is approximately 3.53 oz.
 
Developmental milestones: Our baby can now make a fist and suck his/her thumb. Last week he/she was able to sense/see light. They say you can turn a flashlight onto your stomach and your baby will move away from the light. I didn’t do this nor do I plan on doing this - seems a bit mean if your baby doesn’t like the light. I'm not trying to irritate my baby.
 
Maternity clothes: Still only one pair of black pants for work even though I am looking for more. Last Sunday I did buy 2 pairs of shorts and 2 shirts. The shorts should get me through the summer and fall. I will need to buy a few more shirts later on, but I am waiting for a good sale/find. The four items I did buy came from Target. There was a Cartwheel coupon for 25% off which made them all $72.
 
Weight gain: 3 pounds. I'm already a little overweight so I am hoping to not gain too much weight. Wanting to have a healthy pregnancy even though I seem to constantly be eating.
 
Stretch Marks: Nothing new luckily.
 
Sleep: I have started to get in bed at 8:30PM which seems to help me feel better in the morning. Of course, I hate 'wasting time' with all the sleeping I am doing.
 
Best moment of the week: Cleaned out the future nursery closet and looked through all the baby items we already own. I enjoy looking at all the small items babies use/wear.
 
Movement: I think I am feeling fluttering even though the books/internet are saying it is too early. I suppose it is possible I am imagining it, but I really do think I am feeling the baby. I'll believe what I want to believe and the books/internet can say whatever they want to say.
 
Cravings: After having fried pickles two weekends ago with my mom and her husband I had a craving for pickles. I ate at least one a day from the jar until this past Sunday when Matt attempted to make baked fried pickles. Sadly, the coating didn’t still very well to the pickles. I ate them because he made them, but they weren’t really good. He gets an A+ for effort though.
 
Gender: I will know the answer to this one very soon. I can barely wait!!!
 
Belly button in or out: In
 
Wedding ring: Loosely on thanks to losing some weight the year prior to getting pregnant.
 
Anything making you queasy/sick: Week 14 I felt wonderful. No sickness at all. I intended to take my last morning sickness pill Friday night and see how well I reacted to no pills in my system. Well, Friday night I forgot to take my pills. Meaning Thursday was my last night of pills. I have been nauseous off and on since then but I am standing strong and won't take the pills unless I start puking again. I worry about possible long-term effects of the pills with continued use.
Eating still seems to help make the nausea go away unless I am REALLY nauseous and then nothing helps but sleeping it off.
 
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach. I wouldn’t have guessed this would be something I would miss.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Finding out the gender of our baby. Once we know the gender it will be more fun to shop for our little baby.
 
Labor signs: Nada
 
Symptoms: Nausea
 
Nursery: Closet is organized and ready to be filled. Besides that, I only have ideas floating around in my head and pinned on my Pinterest boards. I have decided to leave the guest bed in the bedroom until the baby is old enough to actually play in the room. Although it will be an eyesore to me, at least Matt will be able to enjoy his TV room for a little longer.
 
Emotions: I'm mostly feeling great! A little uncomfortable at times, but nothing I can't handle.
 
So far, this pregnancy is C R A W L I N G ! ! !
I thought everyone said time would fly?!?!? This has not been the case for me. I used to think time flew by for me but now it seems like it is going too slow. I feel like I am ONLY 16 weeks along. Not even half way through yet. Assuming our baby arrives on the actual due date of November 5th (I know this won't happen), I still have 169 days left before meeting our baby. Seems forever away!
 
In other news, I logged onto our health insurance account and discovered we are almost to our deductible. YAY! It is my understanding once we meet our deductible for the year, we will no longer have to pay. The insurance covers everything at that point. Just another reason for Matt to stay at his current job until the baby is here and the hospital bills are paid.  


No comments:

Post a Comment