Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

12 Weeks

 

 
 
Your welcome for the first baby bump picture. I wish I had been taking them the whole time, but like I said before, I was simply too ill with no energy to take them. Plus, it took me forever to decide where in my house to take them. Why was this so hard for me? I wanted to be consistent. We will see how well this sticks. I once saw a blog where the lady wore the same clothes throughout every picture... I don't currently have a maternity shirt, but I do have the pants. I will just have to make sure I have a black maternity shirt to somewhat match what I am wearing in this first picture. Although different color shirts are neat to see, I do think you can see the changes in the body better with the same outfit. Just my opinion.
 
How far along: 12 weeks
 
Fruit-size comparison: A small plum - although this is what I put for week 10. It seems to depend on which book/website I read. I promise to pick one source and stick with it.
 
Developmental milestones: Baby is gaining many more features. And as usual, I am at work and do not remember exactly what I read. One of these days, I need to write these things down ahead of time or when I get home to post these posts, I need to update this answer.  Too bad I am too lazy to start this week. Please forgive me.
 
Maternity clothes: One black pair of pants from Target. I need another black pair for work ASAP and will soon need other types. I tried on last year's shorts and I am happy to report I am still able to fit in them all. I have a feeling this won't last long though. Going to need some maternity shorts to get me through the summer. I refuse to pay a lot of money so I will probably only buy 2 pairs. What can I say? I'm thrifty and I would rather spend that money on my baby.
 
Weight gain: Haven't weighed myself this week.
 
Stretch marks: Nothing I didn’t already have.
 
Sleep: I am doing much better! I have been staying up until 9PM and seem to only take naps over the weekend. I am starting to feel back to normal with my tiredness level. As far as waking up to pee, this seems to be less often as well. I think I now only wake up twice a night. Yes, I am well aware this will change back to multiple wakeups, but for now, I am enjoying it.
 
Best moment of the week: As of yesterday, my morning sickness seems to be almost gone - I am very excited!!! Second trimester (starting next week) is going to be WAY better than the first.
 
Movement: I really hope I feel something soon. I am looking forward to this part.
 
Cravings: Sweets and more sweets. *Singing* I WANT CANDY!!!
 
Gender: I can barely wait to find out the sex! Matt's mom offered to pay for it at 16 weeks if it's going to be longer for the doctor to tell us. I am pretty sure I am going to take her up on her offer. I did some research and there are three places nearby which office this service. The one I would like to go to costs $75 and we will learn (hopefully) the gender and we will get four pictures.
 
Belly button in or out: In
 
Wedding ring: Loosely on. Fingers crossed my fingers don’t swell this summer.
 
Anything making you queasy/sick: Morning sickness is beginning to subside. Thank GOD!
 
What I miss: Well, now that I am starting to stay up a bit later and I am not sick every day, I don’t miss anything. Seriously. I can't think of one thing. And I have been sitting here for a few minutes trying to think of something.
 
What I’m looking forward to: Ultimately, I am looking forward to meeting our baby. (Not looking forward to the actual birth.) In the immediate future, I am looking forward to finding out the sex of our little bundle of joy. Four more weeks at the earliest.
 
Labor signs: None - duh!
 
Symptoms: Morning sickness and fatigue are both getting better. Maybe next update I'll be able to report none.  
 
Nursery: Have I mentioned we bought a pack and play a few weeks ago? My husband also ordered a toy online. It is some sort of giraffe toy which is the only reason I am okay with it. I don’t want my baby playing with 'Made in China' plastic toys. Babies put stuff in their mouths and that scares me.  I want all items that might go in my baby's mouth to be made in countries with 'standards'. I am okay with some 'Made in China' stuff for items that won't be in my child's mouth. (My pack and play was made in China.) I just prefer to error on the side of caution.
 
Emotions: Feeling pretty good. I am hoping I am now able to be the happy pregnant person I envisioned myself as prior to conceiving.  
 
P.S. I'm gonna stick it out, but these questions seem too redundant for my taste.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment