Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

It's My Thursday

This 'weekend' is going to be here before I know it. :) And look how quickly I am writing about last weekend. Ha! That's because we actually did something this time.
 
Friday evening Matt and I hung out at home after going to the gym. I think I laid around reading while he watched TV. Love being lazy and doing nothing.


Saturday morning we went and blew glass. A month or so ago I had seen a Groupon for half off and I figured I might as well buy us 2 since it was something we had never done before.
Our Groupon was to make a ball glass ornament. We choose are colors and he started our ball. We both got to turn the rod around mixing the color in the fire which he said was 2200 degrees. After being in the fire for a few rounds, we got to blow into this tubular thing (after wiping it with an alcohol wipe, but still kinda gross) and he shaped the ball. He then made a loop on it to allow it to be hung.
He had us go one at time after listening to a quick one minute spew and we were still done within like 20 minutes. 
Overall, this was a fun experience at $20/pp - I would not pay $40/pp. Was definitely something different from what we have ever done. We both like doing new things so I am glad we are able to cross this off our 'doesn’t exist' list.
 
Afterwards, we went to Target and I bought some shampoo and conditioner - fun times! Stopped at Starbuck's for half off Peppermint drinks. McDonald's is MUCH better! Why do people insist Starbuck's is so good??? Just me??? Maybe. Had lunch at Chick-fil-a and redeemed our last 2014 calendar free item. I already have our 2015 cards activated and ready to be used in my purse.
Back to the house to do a little more research... because I for a Kindle Fire HD 6. It is a birthday present from me and Matt to me since I failed to ever find a new purse for my birthday. This device was on sale for $80 opposed to its normal price of $100. I already downloaded some free books from Amazon and I have 'checked out' some books from my local library. I have already read one book on it and it worked out nicely. I still prefer to read actual books, but this will be nice too.
We finished out the day with a little more shopping and some movie watching.
 
Sunday I didn’t want to do anything. So I didn’t. I read my Kindle until noon and then we ate lunch. Spent the rest of the day watching movies and more reading. I only left the house to go to Kroger and return some items to the library.
 
Movies we watched this weekend:
If I Stay -
I read this book awhile ago and the movie did not disappoint. I loved it! I think I cried twice. I hope they put the second book into a movie as well. 4.5 stars out of 5
The Maze Runner -
I also read these books and was curious as to how the movie would hold up to the books. And it didn’t disappoint. I can barely wait for the next movie! 4.5 stars out of 5
TMNT -
Talk about a disappointment. I remember watching these movies as a kid and I thought for sure this would be good. Nope. I sat through it all, but I stopped watching about 20 minutes into it. Did not hold my interest at all. 1 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment