Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Day in the Life of Wyatt

Preface:
After work, when I am at home watching TV or reading a book or at the gym, I always have good intentions of stopping what I am doing in order to turn on my laptop and type up a blog post. But after that quick thought, I realize I have no desire to stare at a computer screen. I already do that ALL day at work and it is honestly not something I want to do when I get home. I think my iPhone (before that, my iPod) has spoiled me with quick access to the internet without feeling like I am looking at a computer screen. Even though I know I really am doing just that. I used to turn my computer on almost every evening after work prior to having my wonderful small electronic devices. Now, I barely get online even over the internet.
 
Side note... I watch several older television shows and wish we lived in the 1980's or 1990's. I think everyone would have a better quality of life if everything wasn’t as easily accessible and fast paced. This is just my opinion. And you are 'allowed' to not agree with me.


Hello! How are you doing?
 
My name is Wyatt Earp Poo Dell 'last name'. (My mom says I am not allowed to post my last name online for safety reasons.)

What's your name?
 
Are you dog or human?
 
If dog, how many humans do you have?
I have one of each. And they like to be called 'mommy' and 'daddy'.
 
My mom said she had nothing to blog about so therefore I could take her place today and tell you what I do all day. How awesome is that? I am very excited and thankful to have this opportunity! I even woke up early today from my excitement. My mom thinks all I do is sleep and eat when they are gone. I am going to clear up any confusion on this issue because there is much more to my day then what everyone seems to think.
 
This morning, I woke before either of my parents. I was excited to start today! I woke my dad up at 2:10 AM. Mom later thanked me for not waking her. I don't think he was very happy with me, but I tried explaining how big of a day today was. I even showed him how excited I was by jumping around just a little bit. And you know what he did? He took me to go outside! Can you believe that? Okay, yes, I did need to go pee, but geez! I just wanted him to know how excited I was and that I could barely sleep through the night. He could have just fed me and then brought me back to bed and then I could have rolled onto my back and he could have rubbed my belly until it was actually time to wake up. I love belly rubs! And I really think he likes to give them to me. I especially like when he finds my tickle spot and I can't stop my leg from scratching. That feels wonderful!
 
Besides, he shouldn't have been in a bad mood.. I actually woke at 2 AM. So really, he should be thanking me for allowing him to sleep in even though I was bubbling with excitement.
 
After going pee, I drank some water from my blue dog bowl. My mom is really good about changing my water every morning with fresh cold water, but she wasn't up yet therefore I had no choice except to drink day old water. Gross! Because of this, I coughed after slurping some up! So not my fault!
I was then picked up and brought to bed and told to go back to sleep with no belly rub. Say what? Dang it! Not exactly what I was wanting, but what choice did I really have in the matter?
 
So there I was excited with all the anticipation this day has to offer and I had to go back to sleep? Not fair! My mom and dad should want to be up with me. Rubbing my belly. Or even my back. Anywhere really. Not sleeping. They are lucky I even share my bed with them. That's how nice of a dog I am!
 
And how come when they do get up every morning they are always in a hurry? I don't understand what 'work' is. It seems to me like they do nothing all day except drive around. I know they drive because I have been outside when my mom opens the car doors to put something in there. And she never takes me! She knows how much I enjoy car rides! It really isn't fair!
 
I'm getting off track.. So there I was back in bed pretending to sleep. I must have fallen asleep from boredom because next thing I know, my dad's rectangle thing he speaks into is beeping like crazy. It always wakes him up. And me. Always. He takes me outside to pee and get a drink of water even though all I want to do is sleep in my warm bed. It's cold outside! When he brings me back to bed, I am more than happy to cuddle next to my mommy and go back to sleep.
 
That was until I realized I had to wait until 5AM for my mom to wake up! That was so far away! Why couldn't she wake up now?
I decided I wanted to get more comfortable since I couldn't get up and eat so I moved down by my mom's feet. I noticed if I pushed my paws back I could touch her leg. Guess what I did? I kept pushing at her. At first, I did it in hopes she would wake up and feed me. I was hungry! But then, it was so much fun I decided to make a game out of it.
Oops! I woke her up and I don't think she was very happy about it. She lifted her head to look at me and roughly patted my head as if she was warning me to knock it off.
I'm not sorry though. She should have woke up and fed me.
 
Finally it was time for her to wake up! I heard her box with red lights playing music.
'I'm up mom!'
Mom must not have heard me.
She went potty in the toilet. And I was left on the bed.
 
I like the bed, but I was hungry and I needed to make sure she didn't sneak out through the toilet. I know there is a secret door there and she is going to go on a car ride without me if I don't watch her. Sometimes I worry someone is going to take her as there mommy if I don't watch out for her. I always follow her to the toilet when she has to go potty. Always. No matter what. If I don't go in there with her, I keep a close watch of her from my Princess Jasmine blanket. Yes, I do admit I sometimes fall asleep, but that's only if I deem her to be safe. I take my job very seriously.
 
Back to my day though... So there I was in bed and my mommy had already went potty in the toilet, looked in the mirror and did who knows what, taken a rain shower and was now getting her clothes on.
 
I knew what was next.
Time for me to go outside even though I didn't have to pee. I have learned to pee anything inside of me in order to go back inside. If you don't pee, you have to stand outside being stared at while repeating I don't have to go pee. I don't think they care. Maybe I don't speak loud enough? I speak all the time and I always feel ignored. I think my parents are deaf. I have to scream (bark) to get them to pay attention to what I am saying. And even then, they only sometimes listen to me. Perhaps they speak a different language even though I understand them?
 
My mom always carries me back into the house and then feeds me some food.
I used to eat gross nuggets of dry food. I finally got my parents to realize that stuff is not good. Here's my tip to you... go days without eating that stuff. It works every time.
When I get sick of something, I just refuse to eat it and then they always give me something else. If they don't, I have some food safely hidden.
But sometimes, to make your humans happy, eat the food you no longer like when they melt cheese on top of it. They get very happy when you do this.
 
After I ate my food, I noticed my mom had finished getting ready and was about to leave me. I know this because she always makes me go outside again.
I hate when she leaves me. I like car rides too. I would love to go to whatever work is with her. I tell her all the time how much I want to go and yet she never takes me. Again, am I speaking a different language? Come on!
Instead, I now have to go to this place she calls a kennel. Yes, it's in the spot I like, but now I can't watch TV! I'm confined to this small area and it smells like pee!


With both my humans gone, I am home alone.
By myself.
In my kennel.
Where it smells like pee.
I wish I had a brother or sister.
Or even a friend to talk to.
But I don't.
That's okay though. I don't have to share my humans.
Instead, I just sleep and then before I know it, my humans are back.
 
I used to watch whatever I want on the TV when no one was home. Yep. My parents don't know this, but every day when they leave, I used to jump on the couch (they don't know I can do this) and turn on the TV from the remote my dad ALWAYS leaves on the couch for me. I like all sorts of TV shows!
I hate talk shows and soap operas. I don't have time for all that drama!
My favorite shows are ones that show other dogs. Those are the best.
Have you ever seen them?
You should watch them if you haven't.
When I was spending every day watching TV and napping... lets just say this was why I was still sleepy when my parents got home. I did have to be very careful at watching the clock to know when my dad gets home. He gets home first.
 
Once my mommy and daddy are home I like relaxing with them. I do whatever they want to do. That's my favorite way to spend my evenings. Sometimes we watch TV, lay in bed, play outside, eat, hang out in the toilet room... You name it, we probably do it.
 
I hope you enjoyed reading about my day.
 
Your friend,
Wyatt Earp

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment