Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Is My Yard Naked?

I don’t even know where to begin with this past weekend. I really don’t. It wasn't an awful weekend... it just didn’t go as planned. And when things don’t go as planned, I tend to get overwhelmed sometimes. Yes, overwhelmed is a good word.
 
Let's start on Friday shall we...
This was the day I left work early for an appointment with my gynecologist. I had 3 goals I wanted to accomplish.
1. Yearly pap
2. Get prescribed Provera
3. Get prescribed Chlomid
Very simple goals. I went into the doctor's office with so much hope and (I thought) knowledge.
 
However, only goal #1 was accomplished AND I had to give three vials of blood. Three! I no longer mind having blood drawn, but let me assure you, it isn’t something I prefer to do. I would much rather skip this part.
I have to go back in two weeks for an ultrasound and if all looks good, I can then be prescribed goal #2 and #3.
I hate waiting. And August 7th seems further away then it is. Not to mention I now have to use more of my precious sick time.
Blah!
That's all I can really say.
When I complained on my PCOS Facebook group, I was told this was normal. Which just goes to tell you I wasn’t as knowledgeable as I thought I was. It was explained to me that had she of given me the Provera, and I got my period as planned, I would have had to wait for another cycle before starting the Chlomid. So in hindsight, I am glad only goal #1 was accomplished. I hope the other two goals are accomplished when I go back. I'll keep you posted.
 
After my doctor appointment, I went home to my lovely husband cooking dinner. Have I mentioned how much I appreciate him cooking dinner for us? He had made a dish we had sampled at Trader Joe's last weekend - tortellini noodles with pesto topped with sun roasted tomatoes and Alfredo sauce. Yummmmy!
He even added chicken, mushrooms and spinach. I am very lucky to have him and his culinary skills. To be fair (to me), I really would cook more if I was home before him. It just doesn’t work out that way for us. Not that I'm complaining. :)
 
Saturday, we planned on going to Tennessee to visit with his family. Wouldn't you know I wasn’t feeling well. I mostly slept the entire day. Matt said I was turning into Wyatt in regards to his sleep schedule. Geez!
 
That evening while I was taking a bath, the wind and rain were beating on the house. It was very loud. I was a bit concerned maybe it was a tornado, but no, I would have gotten an alert on my phone. For a minute I was also concerned about my safety being in water with flashes of lightening outside. I don’t think I can get hurt by being in water inside a house though. Can I? I'm really not sure. Outside, yes - but inside? Either way, I stayed in the bath a bit longer since I had just started a really good book - almost finished with it - having a hard time putting it down.
 
What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
 
While I was getting dressed, I noticed several car lights 'stopping' in my window and it prompted me to look outside to see what was going on. You ready for this... our last remaining mature tree got hit by lightening. Our one tree that happened to block out the car light from our bedroom window and gave us a bit of privacy. Isn't it bad enough we lost two other large trees earlier in the season??? Guess not.
I was sad. Honestly. I hated to have that tree struck by lightning or knocked down by wind.

Matt and I went outside to inspect. We learned why cars were appearing to stop. They were actually slowing down because what used to be the top of the tree was now in the road. It didn’t completely cover the road or anything, it just covered about half the lane.
So here it was 11:30 at night and still raining and we had a down tree partially in the road. Great. Just great.
Nothing we could do about it late at night - back to bed for me.
I woke sometime around 2 AM in fear that the paint cans I have opened on the driveway underneath the truck got knocked down by the wind and were destroying the driveway and tires of the truck. I was in such a panic that I put my glasses on, rushed out of bed and into the driveway without shoes to check it all out. Thankfully, no spilled paint. I think I would have cried if there had been.  
 
Which while I'm on the subject... I need to complain about Kentucky for a minute... there is nowhere to take half full cans of paint in my county. No wonder the previous owner of my house left me several. I called my trash company and they said it had to harden and be left by my trashcan, not in the trashcan, before they would take them. He specifically said not in the trashcan twice. I then called the county recycle center and they told me the same thing about my trash company. You can't just take them somewhere like you can back in Tennessee.
Very irritating. And they wonder why so many people dump stuff. Duh! These cans have been outside over a week and still have not hardened. They better hurry!
 
Sunday morning, first thing, instead of going to church (thank goodness I was feeling better), I posted a message on a local Facebook selling group and asked for suggestions on tree removal people/companies. I got several.
Long story short -
Had 3 estimates and none include grinding of the stump.
1. $250
2. $350
3. $300, but Matt told him we got an offer for $250 and he matched the price.
 
We chose guy #3.
He wrote us up a 'receipt' with the price and all that was included and said he would be here tomorrow morning at 8. Okay, sounds good. Matt has this week off which makes him available - not that we told him this.
But guess what?
He messaged me yesterday a little after 8 and asks if 1 PM was okay.
Seriously? Wow! Not professional at all. If you need to reschedule, don’t you think you should contact the person before the arranged time? I'm just saying!
I messaged him back saying my husband took off work today for this and if he can't make it at one o'clock he needs to let me know so we could contact someone else. He assure me he would be here and he did apologize and said he forgot he had traffic court.
Really? Traffic court? Whether that is true or not, you shouldn't tell 'clients'. Goodness!
In the end, he did come at 1. I was going to be extremely upset if he blew us off.
When I pulled up to my house after work, I thought my yard looked naked. Or maybe it's my house that looked naked. Not sure which one yet. I'll keep thinking about it. I miss my tree. I miss the privacy it gave us. I already told Matt we must buy new trees this weekend. Hope Lowe's has them on sale.


1 comment:

  1. So sad about that tree. It sure did give your front yard a lot of cover from headlights and shade from the hot midday sun! But...it does open up your landscaping against the house to really nice sunlight! It looks very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete