Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy Monday! / Happy February!

Check out all the snow we woke up to this morning:
About 5 inches in most areas I measured!
Yes, I took a tape measure outside with me this morning to know exactly how much snow fell in our area. My sweet husband had already shoveled the back porch and a path to my car so I was sure to measure areas that were not affected by pushed snow.
 
Yesterday was CRAZY!
When I first looked online a few days ago, the local news was saying we were going to get 2-3 inches of snow which then quickly changed to 4-8 inches. Then at some point it was showing 8-12 inches then back to 4-8 inches. Everyone on Facebook kept questioning WLKY our local news station as to why it kept changing and they basically just said 'that’s the weather for you'.
Needless to say, I am happy we only got 5 inches of snow. It could have been much worse.
I will admit, it is pretty to look at - I just wish Matt and I didn’t have to drive to work in it. I am praying we, as well as everyone, makes it to and from work safely while this snow is in our area. Tomorrow evening it is suppose to rain. This will either help make it melt or this will make the roads icy. Time will tell.
 
Want a weekend re-cap? I might as well give you one since I am not motivated to do anything else but blog right now. :)
 
Friday evening, I was home alone.
I ate a pita pocket pizza and settled into my reclining chair to watch the DVD Jobs followed by Despicable Me 2.
Jobs was very boring. I turned it off after about 20 minutes. I could not get into it.
Despicable Me 2 was adorable! I had heard the first one was better than this one, but I have to disagree. I thought this one was even better then the first. I would definitely watch this movie again.
I was in bed by 10PM after taking a bath and reading my newest book from the library. I'm a 29 year old in an old lady body! Ha ha ha!
 
Saturday, I had planned to wake early to get all my running around done before noon. Ya, that didn’t happen. I hit the snooze button.... more than once. Waking up early is overrated. Once I finally woke and showered, I headed to (ready for it?) the Post Office, Kohl's, Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, the mall for eyebrows, Pets Mart, and then Kroger.
To say I was sick of shopping after all this is an understatement. I was beyond ready to be home.
 
Post Office - had to mail a package, you know, after waiting in a long line where only one person was working.
Kohl's - had some Kohl's money to spend. Bought myself three beautifully colored gym t-shirts.
Wal-Mart - needed car floor mats and car cleaning wipes and some scrapbook supplies. Also bought baby food for Wyatt.
Hobby Lobby - went in for some more scrapbook supplies and ended up spending WAY more money then I planned when I saw they had ribbon and other goodies on clearance for a few dollars each. I hope Matt doesn't read this post because I have already combined my new stuff with my old stuff in hopes he doesn’t notice.
Mall -to get my eyebrows waxed. Only, I had parked on one side of the mall thinking I would walk by a place that waxed and was almost through the entire mall when I came upon the eyebrow place that threads them.
Let's talk about this - I thought this was supposed to be less painful then waxing. Well I can assure you, it wasn't. With waxing, they wax above each eyebrow, below each eyebrow and then in between them followed by possibly a little plucking with the tweezers. With the threading, I opened my eyes at one point and saw she was literally using thread and somehow pulling at the hair of my eyebrows. She did it several times (at last 10 times) for each eye. I thought it was extremely painful! My eyes kept watering up even though I kept wiping away the tears. I will not be doing it again. Ever! On the plus side, my eyebrows were only red for about 30 minutes opposed to waxing where my eyebrows are red for several hours. And now I get to cross it off my list of 30 before 30.
Pets Mart - Wyatt needed some new dog treats.
Kroger - had to buy more groceries just like every week.
 
After all my shopping, I came home and ate lunch (wanted to buy Chick-fil-a, but I passed on it figuring I could justify $6 of my scrapbook supplies). I folded all the clean laundry in the house and then went through all my clothes and managed to get rid of an entire trash bag full of clothes I no longer wear.
 
Once Matt got home, we relaxed by watching Breaking Bad. Have you seen it?
 
Sunday was the Superbowl - Matt feels this should be a national holiday. I do not.
I started off watching the game and commercials with him and then started on a crafty project in the kitchen. I'll blog about that tomorrow. For now, I am going to stop typing and do something else productive. Not sure what that will be yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment