Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Scrapbook Party - Oh What Fun!

Have you ever been to a scrapbook party?
Me neither. 
This was the first one I had even been invited to and I wasn’t sure what to expect. I honestly thought it would be like one of those parties you always get invited to where the party hostess would be selling something I wouldn't want to buy. Yet I would feel inclined to purchase something so I would flip through the book and find the cheapest item even though it isn't something I particularly want or need. But you do it because they invited you to there house and feed you some snacks and maybe offered you a little entertainment and now it is your turn to 're-pay' them. Is this how you feel at these parties?
All I knew for sure prior to going was she was supplying the books and she would have other supplies for us to use. Wasn't sure if that meant stuff like scissors and glue only and I would have to buy the embellishments or what it meant
 
Our friend B had it at her house and I am happy to tell you she supplied absolutely everything! The book, the paper, the stickers, scissors, glue, tape, etc. She even had us take home extra supplies to finish working on our scrapbooks.
 
I had a really good time and I am already looking forward to more scrapbooking. First, I have to talk Matt into letting me spend some money to buy some scrapbook supplies. (We are trying to re-build our savings account.) I can't go much further without a few essential items. Meaning, Hobby Lobby is calling my name!
 
Check out this table of supplies:
She had HUNDREDS of papers to choose from and all sorts of different letters and sayings to use!
 
Here's what I started with:
This was the area where we worked:
I am in LOVE with the tie-dyed work mats. She said she bought them at the Dollar Tree and cut them in half. I will be sure to check it out this weekend. I too need one of those to cover my table from getting gunk on it. Think Matt will buy that reasoning?
 
The bottom picture I took a few minutes before I left. I was sitting where you see my pink jacket.
After spending 4 1/2 hours scrapbooking and chitchatting, it was time for me to get home.
 
While at the scrapbook party, I learned how to make the knotted fleece blanket you see all over the internet. Seemed easy enough. I don’t have any immediate plans to make one (we have several blankets in our living room already), but I want to type out the directions for my future use.
Buy two different pieces of fleece and have them cut to the same size. (She did hers 2 1/2 yards by 2 1/2 yards.)
Line up the two pieces of fleece and spread over a wide surface (like a bed or the floor). Working one side at a time, cut a square from each corner and then cut 3 inch strips along the side and tie each strip twice to make a knot. You will repeat these steps for each side. Once all four sides are cut and tied, you're done.
 
She says each blanket is quick to make and can be done within 20 minutes. Good idea for a baby gift blanket for someone like me who does not know how to crochet.


No comments:

Post a Comment