Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

WAY late Thanksgiving Week

Yes, I am late posting this - as usual –don’t judge. :)
 
Matt and I had a wonderful week off from work last week (2 weeks ago now). I was sad I had to go back to work on Monday, but all good things must come to an end. Of course, I would have preferred to stay home and continue watching ‘The Walking Dead’. We watched all of season 3 over last weekend and watched all of the current season over the next 2 days. I am going to hate having to wait each week to see the new episodes. The new season doesn’t even start until mid February. Why must they make me wait??? Can’t they tell I am a bit addicted to the show??? Uggggg!!!
 
Last week (2 weeks ago) we went to Tennessee to visit our families for the Thanksgiving holiday. And so Matt could hunt. (No, deer shot yet = no yummy deer meat.)
 
Quick recap –
We drove down Friday evening. I don’t remember if we did anything this evening nor do I remember what we did Saturday. I’m sure we probably just hung around the house. It was too long ago to remember.
 
Sunday I went with my parents to a baby shower that was pirate themed. A bit odd, but whatever floats your boat I suppose. (In the future, when I have a baby shower, I want GIRL - light purple and light blue; BOY - blue and green ~~ giraffe and/or dog or jungle animal themed.)
 
I took a picture of the pretty cake:
Here, my parents caught up with relatives (and I met most of them for the first time – they are on G’s side of the family), we ate some snacky foods, played games and watched as gifts were opened. My mom's husband even won the game where you cut a piece of yarn and then whoever is the closest to the mom's to be stomach size wins.
 
I took pictures of two things I want to make for myself in the future when I start to have kids of my own (I already found directions online):
Not only was last week Thanksgiving, it was also my birthday week!
And before I tell you about my birthday week, I must show you the cake my co-worked/friend, Linda, made for me:
Isn’t it cute?
It was also very yummy. Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. You know, in case you were wondering.
  
Monday, I forget what I did.
Tuesday, Matt and I went to Nashville to enjoy the lights at the Opryland Hotel, walk the mall, eat dinner and then watch the Rockettes. This was what I wanted to do for my birthday.
 
I have been going to the Opryland Hotel for YEARS. Literally, YEARS. Growing up, my mom would take me and my brother to see the lights. I continued to go every year until I moved to Kentucky. This was my first time going in a few years, and I gotta say, I was a little disappointed. I feel like there used to be more lights. What happened to the lights that used to be strung across the Italian restaurant? They used to be colored lights and then it seems like they switched to white lights. I always liked those ones. Maybe they got ruined after the flood? If so, you would think they would buy some new ones.
I thought we would wander the hotel for a couple of hours, but we were done within one hour.
After the hotel, we headed to the mall to eat and shop.
Then the main attraction – Radio City Christmas Spectacular Starring the Rockettes.
It was AMAZING!
I loved every minute of it!
My favorite scene was the Twelve Days of Christmas (they tapped out the days) and Matt’s favorite scene was the Parade of the Wooden Soldiers. We both really enjoyed the Living Nativity scene which looked like a picture until I noticed the sheep move. It was beautifully done.
A perfect night for the show.
The above picture is the only picture I took since you were not allowed to take pictures during the show. It took place at The Grand Ole Opry. This was my first time here and I was surprised to see the seating was in pews. Happily surprised. I think it made for more comfortable seating.
 
Wednesday, my sister-in-law and I painted another canvas at an art class. I’m not sure why owls are all of a sudden trendy, but we painted two in a wintery day scene.
What do you think?
I cut her out of the picture in case she doesn't want to be on my blog. And this is from my phone - not sure why is shows the extra 'stuff'.
I think they are adorable! My owl on the right needs to have his eyes fixed. He looks a bit creepy.
  
On my actual birthday, my mom had me and Matt over for lunch with my parents and my grandparents. Among other things, I got this candy bar from my mom from when they went to Hershey, PA.
Matt’s sister made me cake balls:
This was my first time ever having them. I liked them a lot.
 
Thursday, we enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my mom’s house with my parents and brother, my mom’s parents (aka grandma and grandpa) and Matt’s mom and sister.
I wish I had taken a picture of all the food.
Believe me when I tell you there was TONS!
Oops! Normally I am better about taking pictures on the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment