Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

I Bring Christmas Cheer

Sleigh bells ringing... are you listening???
 
Are you in the mood for CHRISTmas yet?
Sometimes I feel like I am and other times, not so much. Not sure why... all my CHRISTmas decorations are up and we have snow (and ice) on the ground outside my house. You would think those two facts alone would have me in the right mood. Maybe I need to start watching the many movies I have recorded on my DVR???
 
I love the decorations of CHRISTmas!
I would have done it the week after I got home from my cruise if Matt would have been willing to 'let' me. We I actually decorated the weekend before Thanksgiving since we were going to be out of town that week and Thanksgiving fell so late this year. I wanted to enjoy it as much as possible.
 
I did my tree somewhat the same as last year. 
Very happy with the outcome!
And yes, it is blocking the front door a bit. We hardly use the front door and when needed, I can squeeze through.
Do you see my Santa tree painting from last year? It needed to be near my tree.

Thanks to birthday money, I finally bought a small white CHRISTmas tree I have been wanting for years!
I wanted this tree to be patriotic.
After CHRISTmas, if I find what I am looking for, I will buy some more ornaments, a tree skirt and a topper.  For now, this works. (I am trying to not buy CHRISTmas decorations.)
I just noticed.... I took this picture before I removed the 'A' and 'B' tags. OOPS!

My present(s) are wrapped under the tree....
HA HA HA! NOT!
I don't have ANY presents wrapped yet!
A few years ago I found this glass box at Goodwill and never did anything with it. Last year I bought a battery operated string of lights and ribbon. This is what I made. Looks even better in person.

I decorated my bookshelf in the living room.
Even got rid of a whole bag of books I will never read again. I don't think I will get rid of anymore books since I will still read these ones again. I always take my books to the library for them to make a little money off them. They place them out on a bookshelf if they don’t want/need them and allow people to take what they want for any donation. I figure the library has saved me so much money I might as well help them out a bit.
 For the first time ever, I decorated my china cabinet.
Let's ignore the fact that the rest of the year this cabinet is mostly empty. I don't own any fancy dishes. I am in the slow process of buying old milky glass I find at thrift stores. I HEART this stuff! I have 12 pieces now. 4 are punch cups and need the big glass bowl to make it a set. I have my eyes searching. I refuse to pay a lot of money which makes this a slow process....

Another first this year is I am actually displaying my Elf on the Shelf.
I don't have any children and Matt wouldn't notice if I moved him everyday so I never bothered to put him out or read the book. Traditions I hope to do one day, but for now, I am happy to just have my nameless elf hanging out in my CHRISTmas tree. 
 
My home away from home, aka work, I decorated as well with some leftover items I had after decorating the house.
That is a tablecloth on my cubicle wall. Makes it seem much more colorful then the blah tan walls.

Check out me and 'Stan the stand up man'.
My friend Linda made him 18 years ago! She is very talented!

Now you've seen all my CHRISTmas stuff.
All my decorating was done with items I already own (except the white tree I bought for $17.50 after 30% off). I am too cheap to buy anything new. I am tempted. Boy am I tempted to buy a few new things. If the items I want are still there after Christmas, at 75%, I can buy them then. It was meant to be mine. On the other hand, I probably already have enough... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment