Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

DIY Snowman Soup

Sometimes I can be crafty.
Yep. Me. Crafty. Sometimes.
I actually made something off Pinterest.
Yes. Me. Pinterest.
 
Very proud of myself!
 
I wanted to make my co-workers a Christmas crafty item to give out along with my Christmas cards so I looked all over Pinterest for something easy enough to make in one night. I didn't want to invest very much money either.
I found the most perfect thing - Snowman Soup! Have you seen it? It has the sweetest poem.
There are several different poems floating around online and some bloggers even already have a template for you to print. I attempted to make my own, but honestly, I didn’t feel like being bothered by it. Perhaps next year. Thankfully I found this wonderful blog where she posted her template to her labels.
 
Before staring, I went to Kroger and gathered all the ingredients I didn't have on hand - zip lock bags, hot chocolate, marshmallows, chocolate chips and candy canes.
On light blue paper (I thought it would look nicer then white), I printed the labels in color. I then carefully cut them out with my handy dandy paper cutter (Christmas present from Matt last year) and glued the labels to index cards to make them more durable. I punched a hole into the labels and the baggies in order to tie them together.
All while watching Home Alone (the best Christmas movie EVER!) on AMC.
I am very happy with how they turned out!
 
If I make them again, I will go to Hobby Lobby and buy the craft bags that are rectangular shaped. The sandwich bags were a bit too big.
Aren't they cute???


2 comments: