Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Homemade Pizza Dough

I tried a new recipe for dinner Friday evening - pizza dough.
Matt and I had a craving for pizza so I looked up a recipe online for 'quick and easy' pizza dough. Found several that met my criteria - chose one at random.
 
Basically I followed the directions and made some tweaks based on user reviews. (I heart user reviews.)
 
Here's what I did (based on what I remember):
Combine 1 cup warm water with 3 tsp active yeast and 1 tsp sugar. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
In mixing bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp salt, garlic powder, Italian blend seasoning and 3 Tbsp olive oil.
Add in yeast mixture.
Once combined, sprinkle ground cornmeal onto baking dish and spread dough.
Bake dough at 450 degrees for 5 minutes with no toppings.
Remove from oven.
Brush olive oil onto dough.
Add desired ingredients. I used sauce, pepperoni, jalapenos and assorted shredded cheese.
Bake 15 more minutes.


YUMMY!
We have both decided this recipe is a keeper!
 

2 comments: