Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Crabs, Sea Turtles & Shipwrecks

Day 6
Barbados
 
I have seen the most beautiful and clearest water here that I have ever seen! (And I have been to 8 islands at this point. 8 different beaches.)
As much as I like to explore, I am positive we will do the exact same itinerary next time we are in Barbados.
 
Like before, I researched what to do here prior to our cruise. 
I chose to head to the beach at The Boatyard.
Cab was $5/pp and entrance was $12/pp. Entrance included 1 free drink and a ride back to the ship.
It also included free use of the chairs and umbrellas.
Offered a water trampoline, climbing wall and a rope swing. We didn't use any of these amenities. Maybe next time. 
Prior to coming here I had read you can sign up for an excursion with a company endorsed by The Boatyard to snorkel with sea turtles. They were right! We signed up. We bought a water camera for this event and I thought it was good to go. It wasn't. I don't think I got any pictures of the sea turtles. :( Haven't developed the camera yet.
I did have it working for our next stop on the excursion - a ship wreck. It was one sunk for swimming and snorkeling. I didn't touch it. I did try to touch some of the fish swimming around us.
 
We saw a crab. 
A neat thing to see. Alive and not at a zoo or aquarium.
After snorkeling with the sea turtles and then at the ship wreck, we went back to swim a little more at the beach. I couldn't get enough of the water! Plus, the sand was SO soft!
  
We BOTH had a wonderful day in Barbados and look forward to going there again. I hate that it seems you can only go there from San Juan with Carnival.
 
Crazy picture:
When we were backing out of the pier, this boat was riding against our ship. For several minutes we watched it. Couldn't figure out why. It was a mystery.
We found out it was because a ship captain from Barbados backed out our ship. He had to get back on his boat when he was done. Not sure why he did this - our ship captain managed it on his own at every other port. Maybe he was practicing? Guess it will stay a mystery.


1 comment:

  1. The water looks so beautiful! Great shot of the little crab!

    ReplyDelete