Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Carnival Cruise - Valor

Day 3 (continued)
After returning our car with no issues, we were driven to our home away from home for the next seven days... The Carnival Valor!
By far my favorite ship yet! More on that later.
We gave our luggage to the pier guys to be brought to our room later and only carried my purse and our canned soda and bottled water to check-in. Heavy canned soda and bottled water. I believe we arrived between 12 and 12:30. The line wasn't too bad.... about 30 minutes. We had noticed people who had already checked-in were having to stand in another line. Odd? Yes. Once we joined that line I really started to wonder what was going on. Well, long story short, we had to stay in THAT long and crowded line until almost 3PM before we were able to get on the ship.
I was beyond upset!!! I managed to mostly stay calm, but GEEZ Carnival! Get your act together! We were hungry and had wanted to site see in Old San Juan! Due to the delay, we didn't have time to see the forts. I was a bit disappointed since this was one of the sites I had wanted to see. It was completely dark around 6PM and they closed at dusk. Hopefully our next cruise stops in San Juan.
Matt and I enjoyed sitting out on the pier admiring our ship. This was the first time we have had a late departure time and were able to see the ship all lit up.
Isn't she pretty?
(That is the Carnival Splendor on the right.)
The weather was absolutely wonderful!
At some point on our first day aboard the Valor we explored. Like I said, this ship was beautiful!
Patriotic - red, white and blue.
 
The beautiful lobby:
 The beautiful promenade:
Even the elevators were pretty:
The main deck:
And one last picture of Old San Juan:
Some time that evening I decorated our cabin door for Halloween. I thought for sure lots of people would do the same. I was wrong.
We departed San Juan at 10PM. I love the initial deck party!
  
Ready for our next five islands? :)
St Thomas
Sea day
Barbados
St Lucia
St Kitts
St Maarten

2 comments:

  1. You are right; you're ship was so pretty. Loved your room door, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame on the interior designer. The American flag is not for walking on.

    ReplyDelete