Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

LIGHT by Bruce Munro

Last Friday evening we went to Nashville to see LIGHT by Bruce Munro at Cheekwood.
We have been to Cheekwood in the past to see artwork by David Chihuly so I knew we would have a nice time walking the grounds. This exhibit is going on until November 10 - if you get a chance, you should check it out. $15/pp
Matt and I spent about 2 hours here. You might spend more time here if you decide to get a drink and listen to either of the two 3-piece bands playing music. You can even dance if the mood strikes you.
My favorite exhibits:


Water-Towers
Comprised of 40 structures built out of more than 10,000 one-liter recyclable plastic bottles filled with water and fiber optics connected to LED projectors and audio systems.
I thought they looked awesome! Matt claims he could make this. Ya - I'm sure!

Field of Light
20,000 lighted glass spheres, each rising from the ground on a slender stem.
Looks like a million flowers. I want to walk through them. Maybe pick a few to place in a vase by my bed...
 
Some other exhibits we saw:
This one reminds me of a baby in it's mother's womb. Looks like an umbilical cord. (I think it's actually a plug though.)
What you think? Pretty, huh?
 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about you, but I love the flower fields. Reminded me of the poppy fields from the Wizard of Oz!

    ReplyDelete