Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Doctor Visits

Have you missed me?
I've missed you!
Well, maybe that isn't exactly true....
I have thought about you.
 
In fact, I was going to blog the other night from my phone, but you have to download an app for the pictures. No thank you! I don’t want to download another app. Have you ever read the fine print on those things??? I hadn't at first. Then my husband pointed it out to me. Most apps, or maybe all apps, make you agree to share your information such as pictures, phone numbers etc when you download there app. I don’t like that! Not one little bit! Because of this, I am very picky on which apps I add to my phone. I only add the ones I know I'll use daily. Like Pinterest, Scrabble, Pandora and The Weather Channel. A girl has to be careful these days! Who knows who they sell that information to and what it is used for. Surely you have been hearing the news about NSA??? Scary stuff!
 
Anyways ---
 
We have had a bit of a chaotic past week starting with me. Last Monday, I noticed bumps on my right leg which looked like some sort of bug bite. I just assumed they were mosquito bites since I had been outside and they appeared to have a bump in the middle of a red spot just like mosquito bites tend to do. I scratched them a little then forgot about them. Until a few hours later when I had more and they itched again. I chalked this up to more mosquito bites while taking Wyatt outside to do his business.
 
That evening while in bed asleep, I woke up to itchiness and burning on these so-called mosquito bites. They were hurting so bad they woke me from my sleep! MY sleep! I cannot even express the amount of pain! Not unbearable, just very painful. I could barely keep still! I went to the bathroom to look at them under the light. I had even more bumps! And they looked angry! I decided to sooth them with a cold wet wash cloth. Helped a little. The cold felt good on the burning sensation. I then got up and got an icepack. Much better. At this point I had accidentally woken Matt. Couldn't sleep from that point on. Went to work and itched all day. No burning luckily. That night at work I went to sleep and was once again woken up by more itchiness and burning on my right leg. Now I started to freak out. I got my icepack and moved to the couch. I Googled everything it could possibly be - chicken pox, chiggers, scabies, mites, everything! I thought I had them all! I then started feeling movement on my leg - like bugs were crawling under my skin!
 
Ahhhh!!!!
 
That morning I decided to make a doctor appointment to have them checked out. I was panicking big time!
Went to the doctor and was told I had folliculitis which is an inflammation of the hair follicles. Spreading is evidently common. Good thing I was keeping my own blankets around myself and Matt had his own! Plus, that morning, to be on the safe side, I had washed all our linens and started sitting on a towel in the living room. I left the doctor's office with a 10 day prescription. I told her I felt stupid for coming in there, but she assured me I needed to be there since it was an infection.
 
Here we are 10 days after my initial itching started and I am still a little itchy. Thankfully I have been sleeping through the night after those first two nights.
 
Although I am not 100% confident with the analysis of the mystery bumps, I am happy the medicine worked. Now I am only left with big bumps with scabs on them. Hopefully none scar.
 
Now on to Matt. His 'issue' happened yesterday. I'm going to tell you about it from my point of view.
 
While at work yesterday my phone stated no service around 2PM. I know this because I was in the process of surfing the web when it happened. I power cycled my phone and it still didn’t work. I figured service would come on in a few minutes, but it didn't. At 2:36PM my phone beeped twice indicating two texts. Both from Matt - one said he had to go to the doctor because he got foam in his eye. The next one said they were sending him in a cab. I instantly panicked! Had he tried to call me when I didn't have service? Why didn’t he call my work phone? What happened? Is he okay? Where were they taking him? What was going on? I texted him back and found out he was currently in the cab. I tried asking him what was going on and all he wanted to text me was how he was hungry and cabs are expensive. Funny now, but not helpful at the time.
 
FINALLY he tells me where the eye doctor was located that the cab was taking him to. And OF COURSE I was unable to leave work and wouldn’t be home for 2 more hours! (Not that I could have done anything.)
 
So he fills out the paperwork and waits in the lobby for the eye doctor and calls me. Evidently during lunch his eye started bothering him. About an hour or so later it was worse. While in the bathroom he noticed his eye was red and a white spot was on his eye. He assumed it was foam. He went to the on site doctor and they did whatever they did (I didn’t know at this point what they had done, but they had put orange dye in his eye and tried getting 'the white spot' out of his eye with a q-tip. They also gave him a tetanus shot. He thought they would just rinse out his eye. Next thing he knew they were calling doctors to get him an appointment, appointment was made and no matter what he said, they made him take a cab there and back.)
 
While waiting in the lobby for the doctor, Matt texted me that I was making him feel like he was dying. My nervousness was evidently making him nervous (through text). I felt so bad! That was the very last thing I wanted to do to him. I had to get myself under control. What was I going to do while talking to him on the phone or while face to face if I couldn’t get it together over text messaging? So I did what any good wife would do... I began texting him lighter stuff like 'what do you wanna do for dinner - we can go out to eat'. Followed by me listing a bunch of random restaurants. No response meaning he was in the doctor's office.

When he left the doctor's office he called and told me it was bacteria in the eye and he needed medicine. Wasn't sure if I should be relieved or not. I should mention a few days ago his eye was a little pink and it was bothering him. I had forgotten. For the record, I had told him to make an eye doctor appointment then.
 
When he got home, he joked it was probably from the bumps on my leg. (They had been a little pussy.) I denied it, but I can't help but think maybe it was from them. I hope that's not true. But you never know. Maybe some of the puss got on a blanket which he touched with his hand and then touched his eye with his hand. We will never know for sure.
 
As you can see, it has been a not so fun last week for us.
Here's to this week being a better one!
 
Thankfully it wasn't all bad. We did have a whole of relaxing over the weekend which was nice.
Over the weekend, I made my very first pot roast!
I know, I know.... what kind of female red blooded American doesn’t know how to make an old fashioned pot roast? Yes, I just used a gender stereotype. Yes, I know men cook as well. In fact, my husband cooked breakfast both weekend days. :)
But we aren’t talking about him, we are talking about me!
It was yummy!

And it was fairly easy to make. A bit time consuming washing, peeling and cutting the potatoes though. That was probably the longest part. Matt must have checked on it once every 30 minutes to an hour. Guess he wanted to make sure it was still in the pan. Ha ha ha! He always likes to look at what is cooking! He's my hungry man!
 
Went to Hobby Lobby this weekend and got some more beads and I made 2 more necklaces:
I am having fun making these! I need to learn another method now that I have 'mastered' this method of necklace making. Hopefully in the near future they offer another jewelry making class at the place I go to. I wanted to make a fall looking necklace with my copper wire, but sadly, the wire is too thick. I need to go back to Hobby Lobby for more. What a shame! Now I'll have to buy some more beads!

2 comments: