Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

3 Pumpkins Painting

I LOVE painting classes which I am sure you know if you have been reading my blog for any length of time. I think I type this same sentence on most of my painting posts. LOL!
If you haven't been reading my blog for long, click the links to my other painting posts.
 
AMERICAN FLAG (on our own)
 
I wish I had artistic talents.... I would cover every inch of my house with paintings.
No, scratch that.
I would paint every spot of my house with murals. Yep. Every inch. Slowly, but surely.
Unfortunately, I wasn't gifted with any artistic skills. I enjoy going to art classes where they have step by step instructions on how to paint. Allows people like me to make masterpieces!
 
Our newest painting is Halloween Pumpkins:
I wanted to paint this painting last year.
 
We started off with our pumpkins outlined on our canvases. I think this is the secret to the children's painting classes. It made it easier for me. I plan on remembering this little trick in the future when I do my own paintings at home.
 Here's our paintings about half way through:
 
Mine is on the right.
My mom's is on the left.
I moved my painting for this picture which is why you don't see my paint.
 
We were the first ones to arrive to our class. They seemed to have many spots available and ready to be used, but only 6 people showed up. I was a little surprised since it was a Saturday night. Maybe other people don't get in the holiday mood until it is closer to that particular holiday? I don't know.
Being that there were only 6 of us, my mom commented on how we would probably get out of there early. Boy was she wrong! What was supposed to be a 3 hour class turned into a 4 hour class and still going when we left!
Our instructor started off mostly strong - I was a bit annoyed by how he kept blocking the painting while explaining. I also would have liked him to use the board to show the color we were making when he mixed his paint.
We painted the 'cut out areas' on the pumpkins, did one what was supposed to be a light and watery coat on our pumpkins, added a moon, painted the background blue, the table tan, shaded under the pumpkins, added a spider web and added stars before the issues started. This guy had obviously not practiced painting this particular picture. He kept having us do coat after coat on the pumpkin. We only started with 5 squirts of orange, but I think we ended up using about 20 squirts.
 
All in all, we had a wonderful time together and I am very happy with the outcome of our paintings. I wish my middle pumpkin looked better; I kept adding more and more paint so now he looks a bit different from the other two. I did this because I wasn't happy with how he looked. Now that I have spent more time looking at the painting, I think I don't like his mouth. I should have stopped adding color and have made this realization while painting.
My mom's in on top and mine is on the bottom.

2 comments:

  1. I am not sold yet. I will live with it this Halloween but may decide to paint over it. I just don't know. Maybe I will just complain about it until I die. HA HA HA!

    ReplyDelete