Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Chase and Southwest Rewards

Is it bad that I am OBSESSED with looking at my future cruise and everything we will be doing, like everyday? Every single day!
I can't stop thinking about it!
I have several months before we even go and I already have a countdown on my work calendar. I even have a notebook devoted to our cruise with all the things I have looked into doing - you can find lots of reviews and advice for each island all over the web.

Last week, I did book our flight. Made me even more excited! (If that was even possible.) In the past, we have drove to our cruise ports. But now our car is older and has many miles and it's not worth the stress of worrying about any issues that my arise with the car. Plus, you spend a lot of time in the car, money on gas and money on parking at the port. If you get a good price on your plane tickets, it might be cheaper to fly.

We got an AWESOME price on our flight! Cost us $120. Yep! On Southwest. Cheap, huh?
We decided to join Chase's Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Card for $99 a year. Let me tell you why.

We signed up when they were offering 25,000 points good towards a future flight when you spend over $1,000 during the first three months.
Easy - we pay our cell phone bill, car insurance and satellite each month with our credit card. Those bills alone are a huge chunk of it then add on gas and food. We had this done in the first month. (Always remember to pay off your balance each month to avoid paying any interest.)
Then, while I was looking on the airline's website everyday watching the prices of my flight fluctuating, I saw the credit card was now offering 50,000 points instead of 25,000 points when you spent $2,000 in the first three months.

Instead of feeling sorry for myself on losing out, I decided to log into my account and send the company a secure message kindly asking if I could have the same offer since I had been a customer for less then 30 days. You know what? They emailed me back within 2 hours and said YES!
Yes they would because I had already met the new criteria!
Talk about an amazing experience with this company!
I have already spread the word to my family and friends and now I am spreading the word on my blog.

A few days later when I logged into my account, sure enough, my points were already there.
I booked our flight using 40,000 points and now I am earning more points for next year's flight.  Booking our flight, we spent $20 for government taxes. No big deal at all.
So for us, flying is WAY cheaper then driving!

All this savings means we can spend more money doing stuff while on our cruise. At least, that's what I think it means. My husband seems to think it just means we got a good deal. I am slowly getting him to think my way of thinking. Ha ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment