Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

3 Times A Week

I have finally started on one of my New Year's Resolutions!
Yep, I am about 7 months late. I know. Very late. But better late then never don't you think?

As of this week, I am going to try to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, three times a week. I am horribly out of shape and a bit obese so this is a hard feat for me. I want it badly though! Yes, I want to get in shape to be healthy and look good (duh!), but I also want to lose weight to help myself (hopefully) get pregnant. 
We have been married a little over a year now and I would like it to happen soon.
Like now.
Right this minute.  
I am looking forward to being a mommy one day in the near future and I know Matt looks forward to being a daddy.

Back to my original story -
I am glad to say I did it this week!
Week 1 - CHECK!

Monday I walked on the treadmill for 32 minutes.
Thursday 37 minutes.
Friday (today) 33 minutes AND I walked Wyatt around the block one time.

Go me!

I mostly walk at a speed of 3.0 which is a 20 minute mile.
I am hoping after a month I will either be able to walk longer and/or at a higher speed.
I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Oh - I have also been taking my multivitamin the last three days. This is something I am very horrible about remembering to do. You would think it would be simple enough to remember. Perhaps it would be if I could take it before bed.... too bad it makes me sick unless I take it after eating a meal.

Yesterday, on Craigslist, I saw a posting for a red wagon. Exactly what I have been looking for so I texted the person to see if it was still available and it was! $10 for a wagon - what a steal!
I brought it home, cleaned it really well and then left it outside for 24 hours to be disinfected by the warm sun. When I got home today I added blankets and Wyatt's dog bed. I thought he might be scared of it. Because of this, I decided to walk him around my driveway while in it with me talking to him the whole time. You know, to acclimate him. I was very optimistic.

And guess what?
This method worked well! After one time around the driveway!

Say 'hello' to Mr. Squinty!
I made the decision to try walking him around the block in my neighborhood.
At first he half sat/half stood while I pulled him. I could tell he was starting to enjoy the ride when I saw him sniffing in the air heavily. Eventually he laid down. While still sniffing the air of course. One of the houses we passed had a boston terrier outside with his owner. Wyatt spotted him and couldn't take his eyes off. I think he would have liked to sniff his butt. However, I continued on to the house.

All in all, I think Wyatt enjoyed his walk. I think I will try to take him several times a week.

A few people who drove by us were eyeballing me like I was a weirdo - who cares though!

Background: Wyatt is my almost 16 year old toy poodle. He is my baby! He has a heart murmur and can no longer walk around the block without being held half way around the neighborhood. This wagon is going to allow him the luxury of enjoying walks without the walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment