Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

The One With All The Walking

We have come to the close of another weekend.

Insert sad face please.

I had a wonderful weekend doing a whole lot of nothing. I spent a lot of time outside which is not the norm for me. I hate the great outdoors usually. Well, not so much the outdoors, but the bugs and critters that our outside. I hate them. They also scare me a bit. A lot actually. Dang bugs!
In fact, about an hour ago I was in the shower and discovered a tick on my upper thigh. I SCREAMED for Matt to come to me. I think I made him panic because I am pretty sure he ran into our room and then into the bathroom. Like all good men, he removed it from me. Thank goodness! I was about to cry! I know, I know - I am a baby sometimes. But in my defense, I felt like the tick was sucking my blood and making my leg sore.
I should probably make him something yummy for desert tonight.

Oh, and right before my tick incident, (literally right before) when I was undressing in the laundry room, I saw a bug on the floor that I needed him to kill.
He said it was a wasp.
A wasp!
My goodness! It must have flown in when we had the door open.


Weekend recap:
Saturday we went to Joe's Crab Shack for a late lunch. Last time we were here they had a deal going on if you donated $10 to autism awareness you got a coupon for a free classic steam pot. Awesome deal so we bought donated for two coupons.
After lunch we decided to walk down by the river and then across main street back to our car.
Some sort of walk and/or run was going on - lots of people with different brightly colored shirts on.

We saw this structure right in front of the Humana office complex - which is where we parked.
I like how old the structure is.
After walking along the river for a bit we made our way back to the main road where we saw this odd/neat collection of art. Matt said it reminded him of Lynn's Paradise Cafe. 
They had something similar to this in Atlanta - perhaps all large cities have them in there downtown areas? If so, must be cheap artwork. Sure looks cheap. I like it though.
Saw Louisville Slugger Field... haven't been here before. Did go to the Louisville Slugger Museum before.... twice... very fun and educational. We might go see a baseball game this summer. Would be something fun to do. Something new. We both enjoy eating the type of food sold at these places.
BATMAN!!!!!!!
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batman!

Matt LOVED Batman when he was a kid! I even have a picture of him in his batman shirt getting ready to blow out the candles of his Batman cake with his Batman party hat on. His mom allowed me to copy her pictures of him. This is one of my favorites since he has a GIANT smile on his face.

I couldn't resist taking a picture of this building when I saw it. I should have made him take a picture next to it.

Sunday afternoon we decided go to Bernheim Forrest to walk some of the trails.
I forgot my phone and didn't think to bring a camera so I only took two pictures with Matt's phone. Both were the exact same scene.
If you look up you see 'Spring' and if you look down you see 'Fall'. This must mean 'Summer' and 'Winter' are in this picture as well. Don't you agree?
I would have loved to see the water flowing down this stream opposed to just being there. We did see one area where water was flowing. I enjoyed hearing it.

After our walk we stopped at McDonald's for ice cream cones. In case you don't know - McDonald's has THE BEST vanilla ice cream. Yum!
Helped cool us down even more then the air conditioning in the truck.

Once we got home, you know what happened - wasp followed by a tick. Remember?


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Lol! Call your brother...he's got a snake! Me? I have sand and sun. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete