Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ready to Cruise... Like ASAP!

This time last year Matt and I were on our honeymoon. Our amazing 7-day honeymoon!

This exact day last year was Day 1 of our wonderful 5-day Bahamas cruise out of Charleston, SC.
I remember driving by the dock and getting so excited when we saw the GIANT ship! I could barely contain my excitement! Our first picture taken was when we were getting on the ship - I bought that picture - both of us had GIANT smiles!
 
 We got to see views like this....
 and this....
It was only fitting that I book our next cruise on this day. 
Exactly one week from our first day of cruising.
 
After MONTHS of stressing over this decision, I have finally decided on our next cruise.
 
For some reason this was a very hard decision for me. I know it is a very minor decision, but for me it was very important. Matt and I only get one vacation a year (last year was a fluke) and I wanted to make sure I maximize our fun. A few weeks ago I had narrowed it down to four and then last week I narrowed it down to two. I did everything I could think of in order to make the process of picking a cruise much easier. I even made a comparison chart! Which helped me make my decision for your 411.
 
Because of Matt’s new job we had to go around his work schedule of when he could be off. (I am very happy my job is MUCH easier to use vacation time.)
 
We will be going on a cruise before the end of the year - in the fall.

We will be going to the following locations:
Barbados
San Juan
St Kitts
St Lucia
St Maarten
St Thomas
 
I mostly picked this cruise for all the locations this ship was going to. All of which we have never been. We wanted to experience as many islands as we could and this one fits that request perfectly. I have already begun researching what we will see and do at each location. I am going to be much more prepared this time opposed to our last two cruises. Cruise number one was our honeymoon and I wasn’t sure what to expect and I didn’t know what we would want to do. Cruise number two was booked on a Thursday and we left that Saturday. That was a VERY last minute cruise. We took it thinking Matt wouldn’t be able to take time off work for a long time since he was starting a new job.
 
I am our family’s travel agent so it is up to me to make sure I plan the most memorable experience I can within our budget. I know I can do this! I am looking forward to it! There are plenty of things we can do at each island that are inexpensive.
 
Let the countdown begin! :) 
 
In the event that someone besides my family members read this post and you are someone who has been to any of these locations, do you have any suggestions as to fun things to do? Thanks in advance!


2 comments:

  1. We went to St. Maarten & St. Thomas in March! Beautiful places!! You'll love it. We were actually on the Carnival ship that got stranded, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had read that! How crazy! At least you all were stranded on an island opposed to out at sea. :)

      Delete