Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Jailhouse Pizza & Patton Museum

I am very happy to be eating regular food again.
Extremely happy.
I know it was only three days, but it seemed like a really long time. It wasn't fun drinking all my meals.
This morning we made omelets with two eggs, spinach, mushrooms and onions with a side of bacon. Not the good kind though. We had the microwave kind. I already told Matt once it is all gone we will no longer be buying that kind anymore.
At least we started the day off right with a healthy breakfast.

Are you curious about our results after three days of being on Dr. Oz's 3 Day Detox Cleanse?
Matt lost 5 pounds and I lost 3 pounds.
I would have liked to of lost a few more pounds, but I am happy with my results. Neither one of us feel any different, but we both agree this has kicked off our eating healthier. Except one day a week when we eat out.

For lunch we decided to go to Brandenburg, KY to go to Jailhouse Pizza.
Several people I work with kept telling us how good it is so we decided to try it out. Now I can go back on Monday and tell them all I finally went there.
 In case you don't know, Jailhouse Pizza is a restaurant located inside the old Meade County jail.

 Matt and I both got 10 inch pizzas - Jailhouse Deluxe for Matt and Prisoner's Hawaiian Fantasy for me.
Had we of made a reservation, we could have ate in a old jail cell.
Kind of cool, but kind of creepy.
What do you think? Cool or creepy?
We thought the pizza was decent with decent prices.
Side salads were boring with iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, onions, bacon pieces and croutons. And those boring side salads were $3.99 each!!!
We won't go here again due to the fact that it is a bit far and was only alright.
I would recommend you eat there once. Was worth seeing the place.
Great location - right on the Ohio River - which we walked just so you know.

On the way to Jailhouse Pizza we stopped at the Patton Museum.
Most of the museum was closed for renovations. We were told the entire museum will be open on July 17th. I am sure we will be back to check it all out.
It was neat to see General Patton's Cadillac Limousine. Photography was not allowed inside the museum.

Outside were some big tanks:

We also tried to go to 'The Bridges to the Past' but it was closed.
I was a bit disappointed. I wanted to see the waterfalls!


2 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, fun! We have to get your grandparents out there! Grandpa would have a blast!

    ReplyDelete