Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fort Leavenworth, Kansas

In one word... BEAUTIFUL!
Adding in a second word... HISTORICAL!
I am so glad I got to see this location. No regrets about coming here. None.
If you are ever nearby and are able to stop, you should. I don't even have enough words to explain the beauty and the historical significance of everything I saw.

Look at some of these old buildings:
All these building date back to the late 1800s or early 1900s. Would love to be able to go back in time for a few days and see what everything looked like.

They even have a piece of the Berlin wall:
Enjoyed the museum on post:
 Saw this at a local park:
Don't know who made it, but I could see some good family pictures being taken in front of it.

What do you think of this groovy truck?
Are you thinking of painting yours now???

I have never seen a Christmas tree farm!
Who knew they were even real? Not me!
 
We did manage to eat at one non-chain restaurant in the area called Luigi's. It was an Italian restaurant.
I had:
 
If I am ever in the area again I will be sure to eat here.

I enjoy the history of old places - I don't enjoy reading about places, but to actually be there and see them is a whole different story.
I'm sure there are some places near me filled with history... I should try to find them.


No comments:

Post a Comment