Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Three Christmases

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!!
I know we did!
I would hate to think you didn't. :(
Tell me you did. :)
 
Prior to Christmas I had been a little worried about how our first Christmas as a married couple would be since we had decided to spend the holiday with both of our families during the few days we were home in Tennessee.
In years past we have celebrated the holiday separately and then got together.
Thankfully both of our families live in the same town so we didn't have to pick between the two of them.
 
Quick run-down of events:
 
Christmas Eve we mostly spent with my family.
We went to church and had a delicious Christmas dinner with them.
MMMMMMmmmmm........ ham, homemade mac and cheese, green bean casserole and loaded twice baked potatoes.
YUM YUM!
 
Later that night we went back to Matt's mom's house where we opened presents aka Round 1.
Hard to get a good picture since she had to hide the tree due to space constraints.
Christmas morning we went to my mom's house for Round 2 of opening presents.
Matt and I then left to go to church with his family and then had another yummy Christmas dinner with them.
More good food!
Smoked turkey, sweet potato casserole, baked potatoes and green bean casserole. 
 
Have I mentioned green bean casserole is my favorite???
 
Christmas night we came home - we both had to work the next day.
Once home, Matt and I ate leftovers our moms had sent us home with and had Round 3 of opening presents.
We are very fortunate to have such wonderful families who spoil us! 

I got some really awesome gifts this year!
AWESOME!!!

I MUST share one particular gift Matt got me:
It's a mug - one side has a picture of Wyatt and the other side shows a picture of Jake.
I LOVE IT!
After such a busy weekend we both need this weekend to relax!
Ha ha ha!
We have big plans to watch our new DVDs and rent a few.
Maybe we will even treat ourselves to seeing a movie at the theater.
Good thing I took vacation time on Monday to make my weekend 4 days!
 
I'm leaving you with a picture of my Mr. Grumpy pants:
"What you looking at?"


2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice Christmas. Three trees, all different yet all beautiful! Love you honey. ~mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were all beautiful! I miss mine already.

    ReplyDelete