Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Got Turkey Leftovers?

We do.
Last night we decided to make a dish with some of our leftover turkey meat.
We decided on a turkey pot pie. I Googled the recipe online.

An let me tell you - it was YUMMY!

Ours had sliced carrots, celery, potatoes, peas and onions. I used 3 cups of our homemade chicken stock and one cup of our homemade gravy. Topped it off with a pie crust and baked for 30 minutes.
Delicious!
Awesome!

How good you ask?
Good enough for us to eat almost the entire thing in one sitting. Yep, one sitting.

I barely had enough to bring in for lunch today.

Luckily I made enough 'filling' for us to have 2 pot pies!
Meaning we ate one yesterday for dinner and the other one tonight.

Is it bad that I want to make another for dinner tomorrow???
I wonder if I can talk Matt into it???



2 comments:

  1. Looks delish! Did you use turkey stock or chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turkey stock that we made from the carcus. Remember?

    ReplyDelete