Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Last September Weekend

I try to write at least one blog post a week.
My mom gets *cough*cranky*cough* when I don't. She is one of my only readers and because of this I tend to try to please her which is why you are seeing this post at all... that is if you continue on beyond these first few sentences.
This post is all about my uneventful weekend.
Enjoy!

Friday, Matt's mom and sister stopped by for the night on their way to Michigan for a wedding. We ended up babysitting his mom's dogs while they were gone. Wasn't bad until bed time - one dog was noisy and the other was able to jump in our bed and be annoying. Needless to say, Matt and I didn't get a good night's sleep Saturday night.
Poor Wyatt did NOT enjoy them being here. He is much happier now that they are gone. He sulked the entire time they were here.

Saturday morning we woke up at 6AM to make breakfast before they left and we just relaxed most the day. I cannot express to you how much I enjoyed sitting around the house doing nothing. I literally watched TV and read until about 3PM when we decided to get showered and dressed. We had wanted to make it to Joe Huber's, but by the time we got ready to leave the house we didn't think we would have enough daylight to pick a pumpkin and do the corn maze. We will have to save this adventure for another weekend.
I did manage to get a pumpkin at Trader Joe's which now looks nice on my front porch. I need some small ones and two or three mums. They will brighten my front porch even more.

I bought these three pairs of shoes from Zappos aka 6pm aka Amazon.

Poor quality ipod picture

They always have different specials and on this particular day all shoes were 70% off. I 'like' them on Facebook so I always know when to shop. I paid $60 total. CHEAP!
Even Matt was wishing he hadn't been sitting in the car listening to his new Green Day CD while I shopped once he saw the good deals I scored. Too bad they closed at 8PM and the sale price would be different the next day.

Yesterday Matt had to work so I decided to pull weeds from my flower beds, remove all the leftover plants from my vegetable garden, mow the entire yard, add grass seed to the few bald areas, spray weed killer and spray for bugs. I was busy! Super busy! Matt was suppose to weed eat after work but that isn't happening now since it has been raining all day.
I need to go to Lowe's to find some rose bushes to plant where a bush has died. I have five throughout my yard and they last through any weather. Makes them very appealing to me! I think I want at least two in this particular area. Planting them will be a bit of a pain in the you know what since I will have to move the rocks that are covering the area where I want to plant, remove the stump of the dead bush, plant the new bushes, add more dirt, add black liner and then re-cover with rocks. The darn thing then better live because I do not want to do it again. It will take me all day to finish this one task!
Oh, the joys of home ownership!

Matt's mom took us all for Mexican food for dinner last night while she was here to get her dogs before they left. She also brought us another wedding gift from one of Matt's aunts who was not able to attend our wedding.


She made this beautiful quilt:
 
It's hard to tell the coloring in these pictures - it is green, pink and white.
Do you see all the designs in the stitching?
 
Now we have two quilts - one from her and one from Matt's mom.
Matt's mom stitched hers by hand and his aunt does all her work on machines.

Both of them are beautiful!
Very different types - you cannot compare them.
I hope one day when we start having kids we can get them both to make more quilts for us. I want to keep these forever. I still need to research if you can wash them regularly or if I should be taking them to be dry cleaned.

Off the topic of my weekend - check this picture out:


I saw this at Wal-Mart when I was there a few weeks ago.
LOL!
Someone had wrote/drew this in the flour.
Creative! I knew when I saw it I had to pass it on.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt! Love the shoes! And you are too funny! Love ~Mom

    ReplyDelete