Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Van Gogh inspired NASHVILLE SKYLINE

My mom and I had a lovely 'date' last night!
We went to paint a canvas!
Not just any painting either.... we painted Van Gogh inspired NASHVILLE SKYLINE!

Since I grew up in the Nashville area and my mom still lives there, we decided this was the perfect painting for us. Especially since my mom loves most of Van Gogh's paintings.

I won't lie though.
I though for sure this would be difficult.
I am very pleased to say it wasn't. I am very happy with how the finished product.

We went to Uptown Art - same company I painted with last time here in Louisville.
We were the first people there which meant we got to select our seats first and talk to our instructor. We got the best spots in the whole place if you ask me. Right in the very front. :) And to think, my mom wanted to sit in the back at first. She later admitted the front is better then the back. We wouldn't have been able to see as well.
While we waited for class to begin we got all our necessarily supplies and looked around at all the different paintings in the room. They had so many different ones that I would like to paint. I know there are at least three I would like to do once they are available again.
Once all 51 of us were in the door seated with paint ready to go we started our masterpieces.
You do each layer at a time. One step at a time. The instructor walks you through everything.
We had a lady named Jennifer who was wonderful! She was very detail oriented on every step we painted  and I was very grateful for this.

The first thing that had to be done was the background.
Mine is on the left and my mom's is on the right.
 Then we painted the well known portion of Van Gogh's painting.
 Mine
 My mom's

Next we added the Nashville skyline - mostly just the AT&T building (Batman) followed by more Van Gogh artwork in the water.
 Mine
 My mom's
Both of them side by side 

Here is the teacher's painting:
What do you think?

I had such a nice time with my mom and I am looking forward to our next painting!

Just so Matt knows - their were about 5 guys here. Meaning I still want to create some art with you in the near future! :)



2 comments:

  1. I had so much fun! First I got to hang out with my best friend then we had the best time creating our piece of art! Does not get much better than this! Can hardly wait to do the next one!! Chuy's for dinner next time! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete