Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wedded Bliss After 1 Month

After one month of marriage I am happy to tell you I am still having a wonderful experience!
Should have gotten married a long time ago! :)
Yesterday was officially the one month mark for us so we went out to Olive Garden for dinner followed by a movie (21 Jump Street - very entertaining) and homemade milkshakes.
We had a wonderful evening!

Would have only been made better by being longer. Too bad I had to go to bed in order to be ready for work.

The following is a post I started on Monday, then continued working on Tuesday and am just finally finishing today, Wednesday.

Happy Wednesday! Changed from Monday to Tuesday to Wednesday.
You know, if you don't have to work and you got to sleep in.... otherwise, 'Happy So Glad Work Is Over For The Day'!
I don't think it would be so bad if my allergies weren't bothering me as bad as they are. I am sick of not being able to breathe through both nostrils and having to blow my nose fifteen thousand times a day. That's not even counting all the times a sneeze and then have to blow my nose!
Ahhhhhhhh....................!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is not nearly as big of an issue as it was the last few days.


Here's our weekend recap:
We decided to drive to Lexington, KY which is about an hour and a half from where we live. I knew there were a few places along the way I wanted to stop and see, but other than that, we just randomly drove and stopped at a few spots along the way. Luckily, Matt and I both enjoy car rides.

We saw a sign and stopped at Rebecca Ruth's Candies.
Here we took a small tour for $2/person and bought some candy.
Not something I would go out of my way to visit, but well worth a stop on the way to somewhere. Our tour consisted of just me and Matt and the tour
guide. She was very informative. Would have been neater to see the candy being made; it was Saturday and they weren't working. Everything they do is on an old machine or they do it by hand. She said only five people work in the factory. Crazy!
Learned a lot of history and bought some candy. That really sums this up.


Thought about buying this:
HA HA HA!!!!!
Too funny, right?

We saw the state capital building.
I have seen this on the news and now I have seen it in person.

Wish I could have toured this castle.

The Castle Post was amazing to see! It's not every day that you get to see a castle in the United States. Definitely not something you see every day in Kentucky. This is most def a unique site! If you are within a short drive of this site, you should make the trip to see it.




This hotel does not have a tour which means I have to settle with only seeing the outside of the building.
We did read online you can host your upscale event (probably very expensive considering they used the word 'upscale') or stay the night here (this is expensive). I had told Matt I would like to stay here one night (cheapest room is $195/night for a weekday night), but after thinking about it, I don't think it is worth it. I would rather go somewhere even better.
After looking around for an hour I would probably be bored. Can't be that impressive inside!


Downtown Lexington, Ky:
Looks pretty in this picture... wasn't as nice everywhere else though.
Once upon a time this was Bondurant Pharmacy... now it is a drive through liqur store.
Saw this online before going to Lexington - it is a building shaped like a giant mortar and pestle.
Unique!

On Sunday Matt took our master bedroom's ceiling fan down and changed it out with a new one from Lowe's.
OLD:
 NEW:
The old one is now in our guest room.
Thank goodness since this weekend is suppose to be extremely hot.
Over 100 degrees!
Yuck! We aren't even to the two hottest months of the year (July and August) yet.
I do not want to imagine the heat!
We have no intentions of doing a whole lot outdoors this weekend. Would MUCH rather stay indoors.



2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, I do remember this! Maybe this is where I learned some things before we went there.

    ReplyDelete