Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Wedding Dress Issues

In 17 days I will no longer be a Ms - I'll be a Mrs!
17 days!
Just barely over 2 weeks.

Can you believe it?
I am very excited!
I cannot believe how quickly it is coming along. Seems like it was yesterday when Matt asked me to marry him and then we called both our mothers to tell them the good news.

Crazy to think how time has flown by this year.
Thankfully we have most everything ready (at least the major stuff).
We booked a location for the wedding and reception.
We booked a photographer.
We hired a pastor to marry us AND already did marriage counseling.
We sent out invitations.
We received our RSVPs back.
We booked food.
We ordered favors.
We ordered decorations.
We bought other decorations.
We bought our wedding attire.
We have a cake baker.

Etc.

We (my mom and I) have picked out flowers, but need to order them after Mother's Day.
We need to purchase accessories (Matt - dress shirt, shoes; Me - spanx, shoes).
I need to figure out how to do my hair.

Etc.
I do have one snag in my wedding planning as of this moment.
A big snag in my opinion.
More of an annoyance.
A pain in the a$$ is probably the best way to describe it.

My WEDDING DRESS that I ordered online needs to hurry up and get here!
ASAP!
I ordered it from TBDress.
I do not recommend. It's going to take a lot for me to change my mind.
I placed my order on April 14 around 11 PM.
Due to the time of day, let's say day 1 was April 15.
Heck, I'll be generous and say Monday, April 16 was day 1 since the 15th was on a Sunday.
Today, is day 25.
Per there website:
(Click the pictures to view larger images.)

I snipped these pictures directly from there website to show you how in two places they state how long it is suppose to take to make the dresses. (I paid a little more to have it customized to my measurements in hope that it wouldn't need to be tailored.)

Again, today is day 25 and that's with me being generous!
I should be saying today is day 26.
Did you notice it says calender days and not business days?
I did.
This is what my order tracking information says when I log into my account.

On Sunday evening I emailed them wanting to know the status on my dress.
I was told it was in the assessment stage.
"What is the assessment stage and when will it ship", I asked.
I got a wishy washy answer saying it is now completed and is being inspected.
They didn't answer my shipping question.
I asked again.
I am still waiting on that reply. It takes almost a full 24 hours for them to respond.

When I ordered my dress, the comments were good:
Still are good.
I sure hope they send it out by Friday.
Had I of known then what I know now, I wouldn't have bought from them.
They are from China! I should have done my research before making my purchase. :(

Live and learn.
Wish me luck.
If it isn't here soon, I guess I'll go look for another dress and hope I can sell this one for the amount I paid.


No comments:

Post a Comment