Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Idiot Who Forgot to Confirm

I, Jessica Pepperminttwists (not really my last name), am getting married this weekend!!!!

Whoooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooo!
So very excited!

I think today is the first day it has actually sunk in for me. And now I am very excited/nervous for the wedding! More excited than nervous though. Not even sure why I am nervous....

Although I truly feel not a whole lot will change, the reality of it is EVERYTHING will change!
No more living alone and doing what I want, when I want.
I'll have to share my bed, share the remote control, share Wyatt's attention (LOL!!!), share the driveway.... I'll be sharing everything!
Wyatt will have to share his yard space with Jake. He'll get over it.


Of course, all the good will outweigh all the changes. It will be so nice having someone to talk to when I get home from work and before I go to bed. As well as all the time in between. It will be fun having someone to eat meals with and go to the gym with. It will be nice having someone else mow the yard.

Today, after work, I have been running around getting everything done like a chicken with my head cut off. While at work I made a list so I am trying to check off as many items as possible today so I don't have too much to do over the next few days. I figure the more I do today, the more I can enjoy the rest of the days leading up to the wedding.
I hope I am not forgetting anything on my end. I keep double checking things as I go along.
Amazing I have time to blog don't you think?

I penciled it in on my to do list. I am actually taking a break before I go outside to mow the yard.

I was very close to having a heart attack this afternoon!
Okay, yes, I am being a bit dramatic. It was an awful experience though!
Yesterday I got all my wedding conformation documents from the place we are getting married at and I noticed it didn't have the room I booked on there. I emailed the lady back asking about it and didn't receive a response. I assumed she was busy and that I would have my response sometime this morning. Still no response. Finally after lunch I decided to call her. I left a voicemail as well as resent my email from yesterday in case she didn't receive it.
A few minutes later I decided to call again and just speak to the front desk. I was told the computer system was down. She took my name and number and said she would call me back. An hour later I still hadn't heard from her so I called again. This time a man answered and told me the same thing about the computer system being down.
I was going to call after waiting another 30 minutes, but while waiting I talked to my mom and told her I was worried.
Long story short, she called them and found out the computer system was working again. They transferred her to the lady who is handling my reservation and learned that although I did put a credit card down, my reservation was never confirmed. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clearly 100% my fault!

Thankfully, they somehow got me what I had booked even though they were sold out. I don't know how, but I am so happy they did!
Once I am married I will be sure to give them a shout out on here. A shout out for EXCELLENT customer service even when the customer is at fault.


No comments:

Post a Comment