Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hall Closet

I have finally (after living here for 6 months) cleaned and organized my linen/stock closet.

 **Insert 'OOOOOOOOOH'!!!**

**Insert 'AHHHHHHH'(s)!!!**

Amazing, I know!
I had just been 'throwing' everything in here without worrying about what it looked like since it was behind a closed door, but now I felt the need to clean and organize.
(Mostly)
On to the 2 top shelves I have extra linens - not all of them - just most of the sheets. The rest are in another closet. Perhaps I should go through them and get rid of a few.
However, I have a hard time getting rid of anything. Never know when I will need them or when a ton of people will be staying at my house. (I wont have enough beds...)
Ignore the white curtains in the middle. I was trying to get them higher up on top of everything - couldn't reach and I was too lazy to get a chair to reach higher.
Next shelf down (from left top to right bottom) has:
Container of Plackers floss and razor blades (Random mix, I know.)
Container of miscellaneous items such as hair ties and makeup
Basket of hair products such as shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, hair gel, hand sanitizer, and lotion
Container of floss - a lifetime supply probably - about 40 packs
In the middle is 3 bottles of mouthwash and a whiting strip kit

Closer look into this basket:
Moving on to the next shelf..
Container of deodorants
Basket of body soaps and more hand soaps
Container of extra toothpaste and toothbrushes
Container of glow sticks
Extras on this shelf include Q-tips and Gentle Wipes

Closer look into this basket:
On the floor I keep:
Basket of pads/tampons
Loofah's
Container of band aids and first aid items
Toilet Cleaners
Shower head
There you have it... my linen closet.
Yes, I do stockpile to some degree. I like to have extra items so I don't run out and then have to pay full price for toiletries. Do I feel I can do better then what I currently do?
Yes, I do.
I don't like paying very much for these items and refuse to spend more then a few minutes checking out which store to shop at and what to buy. I also don't want to be one of those couponers who allow her stuff to take over her house. (See Extreme Couponers on TLC for examples.)
I feel my stockpile is the correct size for me and Matt.
I just wish I had more shampoo and conditioner. I only have a few bottles left. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment