Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Holidays Under Glass

I can't sleep!
I suppose this is my fault since I decided at 4:30 - 5 PM to take a 4 hour nap!
I couldn't help myself!
In my defense, I didn't sleep well last night. Okay, maybe I am lying... You'll never know for sure though so let's just go with that. Sound good?
At least I got all my Christmas decorations, except for my tree, all packed up and ready to be stored in the attic. Good thing Matt will be here this weekend. :)
I had to go to Lowe's and buy 3 more Tupperware containers. (Not using all of the same containers I already had them stored in. So no, I did not buy more decorations.)

Yesterday, the weather was beautiful!
Today too! - 60 degrees!
In December....
In Kentucky...
Northern Kentucky....
Today I took Wyatt with me to do a little shopping and it was warm enough for me to have the windows down, wind in our hair and heads out the window. Actually, only Wyatt had his head out the window but you know what I mean. 

Yesterday I decided it was nice enough to go outside and get a few things done I had wished I had done a few weeks ago. Plus, my boss allowed us to go home an hour early - love days like those! (Went home early today too... shhhh!)
So what did I do? I scrubbed and vacuumed my car for one! It was nice getting in there this morning and knowing it was clean. Wyatt sat in his car seat while I vacuumed since he kept trying to go to the front yard- just goes to tell you how afraid of it he is. (He's not!)
I even straighten my garage and swept it.


While doing all this, I decided to finally get some spray painting done. I had done 2 coats about a month ago on the 'stands' for my cheese domes turned cloches and had left them to sit in my garage waiting for me.
Waiting for a day when it wasn't too cold to go out there.
I primed and painted them several coats of black. I am debating if I want to make them shiny. I am sure it will take me a few months to decided. It will probably be Spring by then which is fine by me.

This is where I should be posting a before and after picture. Evidently I forgot to take either of these pictures.
What a slacker I am!
Please forgive me.
Sometimes I am hopeless!
When looking at the pictures below, you see the shorter one is a stand all by itself and the taller one is a wooden candle stick with a candle plate on top of it (2 pieces). The taller one still needs to be glued together.

For fun, here are a few future looks I will have in my home:
Thanksgiving
Christmas
(Will remove gold and add green balls)
4th of July
Memorial Day
Labor Day
I love them!
Once Matt takes down my Valentine's decorations Ifromt he attic will be on the hunt for something red and/or pink. I am hoping I already have something to go in my new decorations. If not, I will probably go buy something.

I plan on using these to decorate each holiday/season. :)

P.S.  I know I am very late to jump on this bandwagon...



No comments:

Post a Comment