Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dinner In A Pumpkin!

Who would of thought you can create a meal inside a pumpkin???
A pumpkin!
You know, the thing must people carve and place on their front porch!
Not me!
I saw a recipe on some one's blog and Googled it. Let me tell you, there are MANY different ways to prepare this with different ingredients. I read a bunch of comments and decided to blend 2 that sounded good to me and had good reviews.
Here is what I settled on....

Ingredients:
Pumpkin - Small
1 pound ground beef
1 medium chopped onion
Green beans
Corn
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cups cooked rice
Olive Oil
Pepper


Directions:
Cut a circular opening on the top of your pumpkin (a lid) and set aside. 
Discard seeds and loose fibers from inside. (Save seeds to bake.)
Coat the inside of the pumpkin with olive oil and pepper. Place pumpkin in a casserole dish to catch any drippings from going into the oven.
In a large skillet, fully cook the beef and onion.
Meanwhile, fully cook the rice.
In beef and onion mixture; add soup, mushrooms, soy sauce and brown sugar. Cook for a few minutes making sure everything is mixed together.
Add rice, green beans and corn into mixture.
Scoop mixture into pumpkin.
Completely cover with tin foil and bake at 350° for 1-2 hours. You should be able to easily stick a toothpick through your pumpkin when it is fully cooked.

I wasn't very impressed with it. Everyone else seemed (or at least claimed) to like it.

If I make dinner in a pumpkin again I would not use brown sugar, soy sauce, or cream of chicken.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry you did not like it honey, but we did and will eat the leftovers when I get home. Love you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete