Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Easy Peasy White Gravy

Matt loves sausage white gravy and biscuits and had told me he wanted it for breakfast one day this weekend. Told me I should buy a packet at the grocery store to make it. (Packet is $1.17 at Meijer.) I figured this was a simple request so I added it to my shopping list.

One of my co-workers overheard me on the phone and was appalled! Okay, maybe appalled is too strong of a word...
She did tell me I should make it from scratch though since it is so simple to make.

So I did.
It was easy.
And it tasted delicious.
I figure I might as well post the directions on here in case anyone else wants to know how to make this simple breakfast gravy.

Sausage Gravy
Ingredients:
1 Pound of Sausage
2 Tbsp of Butter
2 Tbsp of Flour
Pepper
Onion Powder
Paprika
Red Pepper Flakes
Milk

What to do with those ingredients:
Cook sausage.
Once cooked add butter and continue to cook for about 2 minutes or until butter is fully melted.
Stir in flour. Make sure your sausage looks dry. Add more flour if needed. (I used 3 Tbsp which I think was too much since it got a little thicker then we would have liked it.)
Add all pepper, onion powder, paprika, and red pepper flakes to taste.
Pour enough milk to cover 1/4 of pan and mix.
Continue to add milk until your white gravy is the consistency you want.
Serve on biscuits.

YUMMY!!!

Very easy to make and cheaper than buying the $1.17 packet from the grocery store. Next up, I need to learn how to make homemade biscuits. I wonder how hard those are to make???

On a side note, while at the Glendale festival Matt and I tried this coffee.
I don't even like coffee and I thought this stuff was good.
It claims to be 18 servings and you only need 2 tsp. However, that is for 6 ounces and who really only drinks that small amount? We both had a mug full and each used 3 spoon fulls.
At $20 for 3 packets, we will need to find something else to drink once these are gone.



1 comment: