Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Vents

I should have taken a before picture, but I didn't.
Sounds like me.
Yep.
I'm always in a rush to get it done and/or too lazy to get my camera out.
Anyways...


There are 3 air vents that are on my wood floors. One was white and the other 2 were tan.
I planned on buying wood ones to match my floors but did not see my color at Lowe's. I figured I would try painting them brown - the same brown I painted my chocolate bunny - before I bought the wood ones and stained them.

If they looked good - I saved money.
If they looked bad - I was already planning on spending the money.

Well guess what?
They look great!

No, they are not a perfect match, but for me they look as good as anything I could have bought.
Before I spray painted them I cleaned them. They were SO dirty! Yuck! I cannot believe I was breathing that in! Of course, I might be exaggerating about how dirty they were. My rag wasn't completely black. (Thank goodness!)
I sprayed about 5 or 6 coats to make sure the new color was the only color you could see.
I painted the bottom of the air vents first which I recommend so you do not mess up the paint on your good side.
I did do as I am recommending and good thing since all 3 vents stuck to my cardboard when I turned them over to paint the other side.


I painted other stuff too:

Oh - I do have a picture of my before air vent - the ones in my bedrooms:


Are you watching or did you watch 'Parks and Recreation' and 'The Office'?
I am!
Right. This. Very. Second. - Actually, I have been writing this during the commercials. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment