Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Some New Laws Suck


Talked to my realtor yesterday about the house.
No good/new news.
He said he had heard the same information from the law firm about them not being able to get a hold of the seller. I asked him how long she was able to avoid them before action was taken and he said he didn’t know. Evidently the laws have recently changed thanks to Obama and the process is now more drawn out.


Great! (Notice that was sarcastic.)

They have to first give her options on going to a class to see if she can save her house, but my realtor doesn’t think she has any way to save the house if she is not working. She also claims to be in and out of the hospital. Uh huh - I'm sure.
I no longer feel sorry for her. Now she is just getting on my last nerves. I am getting the feeling I will not be getting this house even though I really want it. As of now I have not extended the contract so it will expire June 5. Unless there is significant progress I think I will have to start looking for a new home which is what I told my realtor. At  this point it is probably better to cut my losses and move on.


Wyatt and I drove around yesterday and I have three houses in mind that I want to see. I saw them online and then liked where they were located and how they looked on the outside.
None of them meet all the items on my list, but at this point I really just want a house. As long as it is good for three years I will be happy.
Maybe if a miracle happens the house I currently have an offer on will move quickly and I can still get it. I won't hold my breath though.



2 comments:

  1. Awww, honey, I am so sorry. Have faith. Have courage. We love you. ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am okay now. I think when it comes down to it, I would rather have a house now rather then later.

    ReplyDelete