Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm A Collector

Were you a collector of anything growing up?
According to my mom I collected all sorts of things. She says I started with used q-tips as a baby.
Gross - I agree!
We can only assume I must have taken them out of the bathroom garbage. Maybe I also dug around in the kitchen garbage - no one knows for sure. And to be honest, I think I would rather not know. (Just imagine how gross my hands must have been!)
Next I moved onto earth worms, stickers, pogs, pencils, so on and on just to name a few.
(Remember pogs???)


In middle and high school I was obsessed with TY Beanie Babies. I spent ALL my money buying the newest ones at the store. I am not sure exactly how many I have - had you of asked me a few years ago I could probably have told you the exact number and which ones. Now, I just keep them boxed in Tupperware in a
closet. I feel I spent too much money on them to part with them. My future children will end up playing with them; I can pass out once a week or something like that.
With that being said, I did finally take my mom's advice.
She had suggested going through them and seeing which ones could be used for holiday decorations. I did this around Christmas time but didn't bother to separate the holiday decoration Beanie Babies from the other ones. I decided to pull out my Easter decorations last night which made me motivated to go through all my Beanie Babies.


I have already placed the non-Easter ones with my holidays decorations.
For Easter, I have 5 bunnies and 3 lambs!
Score!
I have displayed them around the kitchen and living room - at least now I am getting some use out of them. So glad my mom thought to use them around the house. They look really cute!


Now that I am decorating for Easter, I have came to the conclusion that I need more decorations.
He he he!
I can assure you Matt thinks I'm crazy - told me if I was good he would buy me some though. (I'm not supposed to be spending my money - need to be saving for the house.) I think I can be fully decked out for another $10. I know EXACTLY what I need! On second thought, I need to make a list.
I have $20 worth of mail in rebates that I tried to cash today only to find out the bank was closed for the day. I was planning on using that money so I could have my decorations now instead of waiting. :(

I was going to post pictures of what I have so far but that would be a waste since I plan on adding to my decorations. I will leave you with some pictures: the wall in my kitchen. I might change it a little, but for the most part it is fully decorated. Notice the Beanie Babies....

No comments:

Post a Comment