Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Eggstravagant!

I was able to cash my mail-in rebate money yesterday!
The significance of this news is that I was able to go buy some Easter decorations. I intended to only spend $10 - I had a budget.
I ended up spending almost $12. Not too off my budget - should have stayed on it though since I plan on shopping after the holiday.
I decided to go with an egg theme this year.
My intent was to decorate my Easter tree with eggs, vases with eggs, and even egg garland.
Sounds cute, right?
Only my garland didn't go according to plan. I didn't bother to look if the eggs already had holes in them. Of course they didn't. I thought the eggs I bought 2 years ago did, but I was wrong when I looked at my post HERE from 2009.
I started off by trying to stick a sewing needle through the ends of the large eggs. I was unsuccessful. I tried everything I could think of but in the end, I have decided the needle is not sharp enough and the eggs are too thick. I tried a thumb tack with no luck either.
Maybe someone has some suggestions???

The mini eggs were easier to stick a thumb tack through. I guess they weren't as thick as the larger eggs.
At least my Easter tree is done. :)

Maybe I need a white tree for all the other holidays? Hmmm.... Just kidding -
I know I don't need anything else right now.
I love my tree!

I did get this cute mini tree with mini egg ornaments from the Dollar Store.
Not bad for $2.00 - this picture doesn't do this tree justice.
I'm tempted to by another for my desk at work.

Next I moved onto making a wreath.
If you read my blog you know I am obsessed with wreaths!
(Click the title "Wreaths" at the bottom of this post to see them all.)
I'll never be able to part with any of them. Which is why my house is covered with them.
How do you like my mini egg wreath?
Supplies:
Small Easter Eggs $0.77 each
Easter Grass $0.99
Easter Saying $0.79
(All items above are currently 40% off at Hobby Lobby)
Dollar Store Wreath $1
Glue Gun
This was very easy to make. Didn't take much time at all.
I had planned on gluing the 'picture' on the wreath, but there is no flat area.

Here's my big Easter wreath I made 2 years ago that I still use today.
(See it HERE.)

In my last post I showed a picture of my hurricane vases with beads and my lamb Beanie Babies inside them. I thought they looked okay - wasn't completely in love with them or anything but then my mom told me they looked 'caught'. Do you agree? I didn't mean to portray them in this manner. I simply wanted them to be displayed. Although I don't totally agree with her opinion, I did change it to make it more Easter looking.

I love all the pastel colors of my eggs!
Makes me happy!
Happy early Easter!

2 comments: