Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Love Day!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Matt and I celebrated with a Valentine's weekend! And when I say celebrated - I just mean we ate and ate and watched movies. Actually, I guess you could say we had a normal weekend. :)

Friday we exchanged gifts (see previous entry), had dinner at Penn Station Subs - used a coupon we won for buy any 1 sub, get an 8 inch sub for free from HERE, went to Target and then watched TV at home. A perfect evening in my opinion - all of my favorite things rolled into one evening.

Saturday we did our first day of house hunting with my new realtor.
I like the new guy. He seems very honest. Even Matt likes him! We went and saw several houses - 3 of the homes we saw I liked. Not enough to buy any of them though. At least not at the prices they were asking. I have bookmarked them on my computer to watch if they go down in price - this could change my mind.
I want my future house to feel like 'this could be home' when I walk in. I didn't get that feeling from any of them. I will keep looking. I don't want to rush into a home and then have regrets. This is a big purchase. I have a hard time making these sorts of commitments - just ask my mom or Matt.
After house hunting we did more driving around and a little shopping. Target has a wonderful clearance on all sorts of bathroom items and curtains (mostly 75% off).
Check out what I got for less then $30:
I saw a few other curtains I would have liked to buy, but of course I could only find one panel of each. Darn! Better luck next time I suppose.
Obviously everything I bought will be for my future new home. Target has a 3-month return policy so if I change my mind of any of my items I still have time to bring them back. Or in my case - if I find anything I like better.

We had our actual Valentine's lunch at P.F.Cheng's where I was extremely disappointed. We will not be eating there again. The spring rolls and service were the only things I enjoyed from my experience. We should have gone ANYWHERE ELSE.
We made desert at home - funnel cake... ENOUGH SAID! :)

Rented Secretariat which was an awesome movie and You Again which was boring. (Use the code BEMINE for a free movie from Redbox valid today 2/14 only.)

Sunday we did more driving around followed by lunch at Penn Station with another wonderful coupon before we ate Bruster's ice cream!
YUMMY!
Bought the last 2 newspapers from the Dollar Tree we usually go to. Went to 2 other Dollar Tree's but could not find any more papers. I refuse to pay $1.75 each so I have settled with only 2 this week even though there were some good coupons (2 specifically that I would have liked).

Today I am by myself - with Wyatt. We ate dinner and then watched part of a movie together. Now we are sitting in my chair - him napping and me blogging
and looking at houses online.
All in all, a wonder past few days!
Happy Valentine's to us all!






No comments:

Post a Comment